......And, we're back

Options
13»

Comments

• eightdays
    eightdays Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks @Beryl C. I will definitely go for the oncology pack! Ha, that is a very funny experience! I got Aretha Franklin yesterday which was nice! 
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey Eight Days, you have my love and sympathy.  I really feel for you as it is the sort of scenario that I try to not think about as I step along through remission (3 years now), trying to get on with living my life and daring to hope that all this stuff is behind me...  yet knowing, that like you, this set back could happen and ambush at any time.  You got through it before.  The treatments have maybe even advanced a bit since you were last in this space so there is always hope, for you and your beautiful boys and daughter.  But what shitty news.  It must be very tough!  
    Loving thoughts and vibes, Fiona xx
  • eightdays
    eightdays Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Dear @Fiona2, thank you for your lovely message and that is awesome news that you have been in remission for 3 years. I wish cancer didn’t bring with it the anxiety of it possibly returning. It would be good if it were like chicken pox and that once you’ve had it, you’re unlikely to ever encounter it again! I think you are right though that treatments just get better and once you have already been through it once, it’s highly likely That if you are unlucky enough to get it again, it will be picked up early so that treatment will be effective again. My situation is apparently not common so I hope that you do not have too much anxiety when reading a post like mine. I too feel lucky that the treatment path is relatively straight forward again and I do not have to endure chemotherapy like some do. Wishing you all the very best - xx
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Options
    hi @eightdays, I’m so glad that you are your way with the radiotherapy. Surely there have been advances in RT and there will continue to be. But most of all I send you strength and love to take each day as it comes ...and nail it! Lots love Tinks Xx