A rock and a hard place

KatesmumKatesmum Member Posts: 1 New Member
New to this type of thingy but here goes...
Metastatic BC 12 years ago. Liver, lungs and bones. Given 12 months. Following chemo liver and lungs.. all good. Bones, different story!
Been on herceptin and letrozole from day one.  Also receiving bisphosphonates. Diagnosed with ONJ just over 2 years ago. Immediate halt to bisphosphonates.
Feeling like shit last 12 months. Sore lower back, knees (also have PVD), fatigue, loss of motivation etc.
Now need 4 teeth removed (ONJ site).
Treatment holiday?? Had enough of daily pain. Partner died suddenly 2 years ago, kids grown up and moved on, friends dropped off.
Will NOT ask kids to come home and look after me.
Where to from here??

Comments

• ZoffielZoffiel Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 2,840
    Hi @Katesmum ;
    You are a champion to have gotten this far, what a shit time you have had. I've got no advice, jus wanted to say hi and welcome to the site. MXX
  • SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 4,355
    Welcome @Katesmum ; As with @zoffiel, I have no advice just amazement at your resilience.  The folk on the metatastic breast cancer private page may have some practical information to give and if you put your general location (town...region...) on your profile, others may be able to suggest support groups, etc near you.
  • iserbrowniserbrown Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 3,708
    Hi @Katesmum ;
    Goodness you certainly have been tested in the coping stakes! I thought I would put up this link from the BCNA website as you maybe able to find something in your local area

https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/

Take care
  • TonyaMTonyaM Member Posts: 2,615
    Hi @Katesmum, big hug and welcome to this network.I don’t know how you are managing all that’stuff’in your life.
    Bc is a hard gig to do on your own so come back here for chats or think about joining a local support group.I run one in the Hills area in Sydney. 
    A medication holiday or even a change in meds may help but you need to talk with your oncologist.