Hi again and just an opportunity to say thanks.

Options
2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Adorable!
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Kitkatb she is adorable! What’s her name?   o:) Thanks for your words of encouragement, they are exactly what I need to hear! Was the biting a problem with infection?
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Hi @Caz1 No it wasn't an infection.  Some dogs like Labs, retrievers and bull mastiffs are known for being a bit nippy when teething.  There's nothing you can do but I guess its a bit like babies when they are starting to grow and everything goes in the mouth.   It only lasts for a few months.  I have a few dog toys Maggie can chew on and loves and then once they are about 4 months old you can get a some of the chewy straps she can spend an hour chewing.  It is good to have a time out area for when their enthusiasm gets a bit much. ( I still get really tired from the treatment ) so I find it essential. ( mine was an old playpen. )  But I have no regrets what so ever and you can't beat a good old puppy snuggle they are just the best. 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Thanks for your wise words.  I must dig my baby gate out.......
    Im feeling so much better about the pup. We lost our old boy last year..I’ve been waiting such a long time time for this pup! #stupidbreastcancer
  • shs14
    shs14 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    @Eastmum Your message is a lovely one, its funny how life doesn't stop for your diagnosis, we have two starting the HSC next week! Your last line about your character surviving put a lump in my throat. 
    Thanks for the puppy photos everyone too, my dog has been a great part of my exercise programme, she's always ready for a walk! And unconditional love never did anyone harm! x