Talking about new diagnosis, treatment

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @RozMoz

the mention of Bathurst prompted me to put up this link that @SoldierCrab had put up originally

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/20467/bathurst-bosom-buddies-support-group
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi @RozMoz
    I am in Bathurst and we have a meeting each month and 2 night meetings per year. 
    have you touched Base with Marita Tipene the McGrath Breast Care Nurse at Daffodil Cottage yet ? 

• RozMoz
    RozMoz Member Posts: 11
    Options
    @SoldierCrab. Thanks for touching base. I have talked to Marita once before I saw the surgeon. I am hoping to talk to her again before I have my surgery in a few weeks. 
    The night meetings might work best for me as I work full time, but had been thinking about coming along to some of the monthly meetings during my treatment if I am working part time.

It is great to discover that there is so much local support.

look forward to meeting you at some time in the next few months.
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    RozMoz can relate. Had my first  cry about BC a  month after diagnosis when a lovely ex work girlfriend  said something beautiful. It was just what I needed, I felt  MUCH better afterwards. 

However my friend was mortified!  I Kept trying to explain what a favour she had done for me........
    I think she got it in the end.  <3 Poor love.

take care
     Caz1

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    People will be nice, won't they?..always my undoing.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,577
    Options
    I deliberately told all my family & friends NOT to be sympathetic, or I would have been a blubbing mess!!  I requested jokes instead - and then everyone felt better!!!  ;)  

@RozMoz - see how you go re your 'working full/part time' - don't put any more pressure on yourself than you need - it is vital that you put YOU first right now, to get over all the ups & downs of diagnosis, surgery, treatment, etc.  

take care & all the best xx