Vale Christie Wood

Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited August 2019 in Community news and events
Hello eveyone,

It is with much sadness that I write to inform you that Christie Wood died yesterday 22 July 2019.  Christie was a long time supporter of Breast Cancer Network Australia and one of our Community Liaisons.  We have posted a Vale on the website today https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2019/07/vale-christie-wood/
The sad reality of breast cancer hits us all too often but how lucky we are to have had so many people leave a lasting legacy in our lives.  Please look after yourselves.

The team at BCNA

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Sad to read
    Condolences to her family and friends
    Wow she was a giver of her time and put in lots of effort to bring awareness to this wretched BC and to help others
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Also sad to hear of a death, particularly due to breast cancer. 
    Condolences to all who knew and care for Christie
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sorry to hear of another person who has been taken by this.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    I have just finished reading her story on the home page. What a trooper! Very selfless & always giving back. A true inspiration & her family & friends should be proud of the work she has done. Condolences to those who loved her. xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What an impressive woman. And a beautifully written tribute. RIP Christie. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    So sad , what a great lady , thoughts are with family & friends at this sad time .