Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

This is scary

Options
2»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @Wu57 - just not fair!  
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with treatment and that it halts it in its tracks and you don't have to worry about anything getting worse for a few years. <3

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Wu57
    So sorry to hear your news, please dont hesitate to give our helpline a call on 1800 500 258.  It can help to talk things over.  We do have a private living with metastatic breast cancer group in the online forum that you may like to join.  We can also connect you with one of our experienced counsellors.  Its devastating news and as you say has happened so fast for you, a huge shock especially when starting a new job.  We are here to support you, all the best with starting your treatment.
  • Wu57
    Wu57 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Had my oncologist appointment yesterday.  Confirmed spread to lymph nodes in the chest,  multiple small spots in the lungs and a spot in my spine. So now I'm starting letrazole and Kisqali. 
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    It is really confronting being told that you have a disease that is controllable but not curable and knowing that you now will be on some form of treatment for always. I started on Oral chemo Xeloda in early April to contain or shrink mets in my Lymph nodes and a spot on C7, follow up scans 3 weeks ago show that the cancer is shrinking and thankfully I am tolerating the treatment well so far, so I continue on taking this until I stop responding or the toxicity gets too bad. It's a really shitty thing to have to go through but at least now you have a treatment plan and can get this disease under control. I have a friend that was diagnosed stage 4 right from the start, cancer in both breasts, spine and liver. Her liver was completely black, she is now in remission her treatment is ongoing but her liver is completely clear now even our Onc was surprised by her results. I hope that all goes well for you and know that there is always someone here to listen or share in what you are going through.