• Micky
    Micky Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015

Thanks Scotty, right now it feels good to know that. Micky

• samouatt
    samouatt Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015

Hi Micky,

I have a slightly different view to the others.  You have every right to feel the way you do.  Your life has been turned upside down too!  I can appreciate the pain you feel, and unfortunately you cannot change how she feels or how she chooses to deal with it.  All you can do is change how you feel and the meaning you give to what has happened.  You don't need to be strong for anyone!  You just need to be you!  This is one of the hardest lessons we all need to learn.  Of course where we can we step up and do all we can to smooth the ride, but, ultimately it is up to each individual as to how they deal with the trauma that comes with this terrible disease.

Can this relationship be saved?  Well do you want to  work at it?  Does she want to work on it?  Right now is not the time to ask or answer this question.  She is most likely in mourning and needs time to greive and so do you!  So like everyone else we are here to help you, if only to give you a chance to just vent or speak to others who share a common experience.  Add my number to your list 0407 759 238.  

Most of all Micky take care of yourself and remember you are not alone.

Simon

• Micky
    edited March 2015

Hi Simon, thank you, someone has told me I can feel this way, I was starting to think that I was wrong for feeling this way, I am so confussed and she has made it quite clear now that this relationship is over, I now understand after looking at all that has happened, for a relationship to work after such a trauma as what she has gone through, it needed to be strong and I now believe ours was not, I am not perfect , but I tried to handle this the best way I could, but everything I did or said was wrong, we already had problems and with this on top it fell apart, I will try and deal with this the best way I can, I believe she did not want to work on it, as much as I did. Thanks again and I will call you.

Micky

• iclay
    iclay Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015

Well Micky you can only do your best and it seems you have.I'd like to wish you the best for your future and hope that your lady friend has a long and happy life.Keep us posted on your future and remember you are never alone.Clay..

• Micky
    edited March 2015

Hi Dean, Thank you and I know that you are trying to help, but there is a lot to this story that I can not put out here, I have been fighting for her, for the last 12 months, I now have to think of myself, you can only fight so much. Micky

• Micky
    edited March 2015

Hi Dean, Thank you and I know that you are trying to help, but there is a lot to this story that I can not put out here, I have been fighting for her, for the last 12 months, I now have to think of myself, you can only fight so much. Micky

• Micky
    edited March 2015

It has been 8 months now since my first contact on here when my girlfriend had her breast removed, as some of you know we did break up not long after that, I tried to help her after that but we now have very little contact, I am now in another relationship and have learnt a great deal more about breast cancer and the help from all of you guys was great, a big THANK YOU. I will still put up a post from now and then.

Cheers

Micky.

• Scotty H
    Scotty H Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015

Hey Micky

Good to hear that all is well. You did well in taking advice from all of us , but at the end of the day all of our journeys are different but the road to get there is not alone , wer are only a few clicks away.

Take care.... Scotty H

• iclay
    edited March 2015

Hey Micky, Glad to see all is going well in your world now.We all have different roads to travel, some better than others, but good to see all going well. Talk later.. Clay

• samouatt
    edited March 2015

Hi Micky,

Good on you for having the courage to move on.  We cannot always predicte what life throws at us, but, you can choose how you respond and the actions you take to move your life forward.  Thank you very much for the acknowledgement of the group and I wish you every success in your new relationship.

Simon Mouatt

• Scotty H
    edited March 2015

Hey Garry. as Dean has posted, if you need to talk we are but a click away .

• Scotty H
    edited March 2015

Hey Garry. as Dean has posted, if you need to talk we are but a click away .

• samouatt
    edited March 2015

Micky, I'm so glad you are in a good place now.  I lost Andrea in December and it was hell.  Still my life has now changed and I know that I am honouring her wishes by getting on with life.  I agree , there are few who you can talk to about such thngs, and you learn so much about yourself.  Just remember to still be gentle with yourself as introspection happens so quickly, and I still moments of grief , but my new partner is great, she gives me space and gives me comfort.  I wish the same for you.  Simon

• iclay
    edited March 2015

Hi guys. Firstly to Garry we are for you and we now the pain.Also, Micky glad to hear things are going well for you as well.One thing I have learnt, as they say life goes on and it does, the pain never leaves it just gets easier.Keep moving forward Garry and keep us posted.Clay

• Garry B
    Garry B Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015

Maryanne was 42 when I lost her.  At the end it all happens so fast. I consider myself lucky in a way as we had a couple of days to talk about our life together and i was there when it was over. I hope that i helped her on her way but i will never know. I am trying to get on with it but some days it is too hard. do you guys dream about your partners? i have not yet and wonder if I ever will' We were chilldhood sweethearts. Seems unlikely that i will fill up the empty spaces she has left me with.

How can a heart break

a thousand times a day

How can I forget about

the day you went away.

Its got to be impossible

to hurt this hard, this long

But I make it through each day

that proves that theory wrong.

Theres no scars on the outside

for all the world to see

The only ones who know their there

are my closest friends and me.