Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Newly diagnosed with mets

Options

Comments

• Marieda
    Marieda Member Posts: 18
    Options
    @Glynnis it sure is!!     Hope the urologist visit goes well for you on Thursday.
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Marieda me too, then just the bone biopsie to worry about, I’m pleased you got a diagnosis very quickly, heading to 5-6 weeks for me by the time biopsie gets done ☹️
  • Glynnis
    Options
    Just a follow up, had urologist post op check today. Op went well no blockage but the urethra is a bit thick in places so that’s been the problem. Stent will get changed every 6 months for that I’m happy 😃
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Happy is good!
  • Marieda
    Options
    @Glynnis six monthly changes are better than my 3 monthly, so that is good news for you. 
  • Glynnis
    Options
    @Marieda yes it is I feel for you having to get it done every three months 😞
  • Marieda
    Options
    @Glynnis how are things going for you?
  • Glynnis
    Options
    Hi @Marieda I going well Thankyou, getting stent replaced next month, at last oncologist visit apparently my kidney function had improved which is terrific. How’s things with you? Still 3 monthly stent Changes for you? I seem to be doing ok on the Kisqali and Letrozole, last scan showed I now have scarring on my bones which is good news so I taking that it is contained 😃 hope your fair as well
  • Marieda
    Options
    Hi @Glynnis that all sounds good news for you.  Good to hear.   I was taken off Kisqali because it was having an affect on my heart, according to the ECG so have been put on palbociclip, which I am hoping is as good as Kisqali.  I was told I could also go for 6 months before the next stent change, but left stent not doing the job as well as the right, so may have to change earlier.  Bone mets don't seem to have changed so far.     As if we don't have enough problems - wouldn't it be great to be able to do away with the stents!   Best wishes for continuing improvements..
  • Shakalker
    Shakalker Member Posts: 84
    Options
    @Glynnis so sorry to read your post. The very thought we all fear. We are hear to be your sounding board, you are not alone. Sending you a BIG hug XX
  • Glynnis
    Options
    @Marieda glad your stent changes are now 6 monthly, when are they going to check how left kidney going? Yes we don't need anythianyelsetdo we enough is enough
  • Glynnis
    Options
    @Shakalker thank you support on here is awesome how things with you?
  • Marieda
    Options
    Seeing urologist next week @Glynnis the right ureter is fine, seems the left is going to be a continuing problem.  Oh well, we sail on :)
  • Glynnis
    Options
    @Marieda yes we sail on don't we I hope you can sort out something for the left, or they can come up with something
  • Glynnis
    Options
    @Marieda how did you go with the urologist with your left kidney? Had my stent taken out and replaced today glad that’s over and done for 6 months