Memories

2»

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Best wishes @Nadi you've certainly earned those bad a*** scars !!
    Take care 
    Hugs xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    If people ever ask about your scars @nadi you can allude to a mysterious past.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    @sister that's right. Make up some story about being in a knife fight. They certainly look like 5 small stab wounds. Reckon I could get away with that!! Just kidding, that's not really me. They will fade in time. I hardly notice my breast cancer scar. My portacath scar is the worst because it went all keloid on me.
  • Sister
    The port one is strange, isn't it.  I expected that it would be kind of sunken from what I'd heard but instead it's a really hard lump.
  • Nadi
    @sister mine was sunken, but they cut it three times, once to insert the portacath, once when it flipped and a third time to get it out. It was only after the third that it turned into a keloid. Did the whole silicon tape thing, but still ended up raised and ugly. Guess there was just too much scar tissue in the end.
  • Sister
    I've been using bio-oil on surgeon's advice and it seems to be breaking up a bit.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Mines the same @nadi. The scar pulls like mad and it's been 18 months since I had it removed. Mine was cut three times as well.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    @Nadi
    Hello!  Just thought I'd put up a post to say hope you are enjoying being home and recuperating just nicely!  Appreciate it is early days!  Wishing you all the best
    Take care, Hugs
  • Nadi
    Thanks @iserbrown I am taking it slowly but at the same time I am surprised at how well I am doing. Am off all pain medication and managing several small meals a day. Slowly learning what foods I can eat and those to avoid. Physically impossible for me to vomit or burp. Don't know yet whether that will be permanent, in some cases it gets good, it some cases it doesn't. So taking things very very slowly. 
  • Elizebeth
    Elizebeth Member Posts: 80
    Hi Nadi my mother had a fundoplication about 10 years ago and slowly her eating improved...she has a great appetite now..you will get stronger and plenty of hugs for you as you recover..
  • iserbrown
    Sounds good! 
    Take care
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hello @Nadi very glad to hear you are recovering well from your surgery. Look after you and take it gently.
  • iserbrown
    Hello @Nadi
    You have been in my thoughts so I decided to post just to say Hello and hoping that you're recovering well.
    Is the fatigue a thing of the past? Fingers crossed!
    Trust you're  starting to feel like your old self.
    Small steps!
    Take care xx