30 days later and I feel confused

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,601
    Options
    Gosh @sjd_barra  - I'd be getting in touch with your surgeon/Breast Care nurse (or GP if you can't reach them.)   

I hope our helpline helped you enough to get you thru.    

I make sure I get all the reports & try to put them with any films i am given as well.  I see my GP tomorrow for the
    report on my 'anniversary' ultrasound from last Fri.  

I hope your discomfort and swelling is lessening by the minute ... take care, xxx
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi @sjd_barra, I am sending you a private message, Rosie  
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Won't you need the ultrasound disc at your appointment? Have they faxed across the results already ? The surgeon will need these.

I suspect  they will order a barrage of additional tests (like most of us had)  and most are happy to give you copies after explaining them. It really helps later when you want to revisit it all and understand it better. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You are entitled to your reports and entitled to have your questions answered in a way that you can understand.  

I bought myself a zip up binder from Officeworks (then went back and bought the lever arch version as it wasn't big enough) and lots of plastic sleeves.  I've put dividers in for some sort of order and kept every document in this.  It makes it easy to find things and if necessary, I have been able to take the lot with me and not worry about bits falling out.
  • primek
    Options
    Wishing you well for your appointment tomorrow. Please let us know how it gies. Kath x
  • sjd_barra
    sjd_barra Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Update:
    Inflammatory Breast cancer has been confirmed. 
    I am T4??? 
    I am booked in to get my port installed next Wednesday, then a 16 week, 2 stage chemo treatment the day after.
    Mastectomy in 4 months, followed by more chemo and radiation.
    I had a fantastic Breast Nurse called Debbie with me the whole way.
    I waited 30 days and now I am preparing for an 18 month ride.
    Thankyou everyone for your kind words and support. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @sjd_barra All the best as you set out on that long road. 
  • primek
    Options
    So glad it's all moving quickly now. It's shitty though. A lot to take in. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Well as shitty as it is, at least now you know and you can crack on with treatment. Hang in there @sjd_barra. We're with you. Biggest of hugs, K xox 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,601
    Options
    OK ... BIG hugs coming your way.   You can do this.

Throw any questions up that you want info on, @sjd_barra - nothing is off limit!  

Great that Debbie was there for you!  She will become a very important part of you treatment.

Take care xxxx
  • primek
    Options
    I was wondering if your pathology was Her2+  since you mentioned 18 months?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have no idea either what T4 is @sjd_barra but you've got a plan of action now.  As others have said, it's shitty but you can get on now with treatment.  Take care.
  • primek
    Options
    Most IBS is classified as stage IIIC or 4. The T stands for tumour. The 4 is due to size and that skin and some nodes involved. This is different from stage IV cancer just to clarify. 
  • sjd_barra
    sjd_barra Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Thankyou @primek.  I am not looking at the internet again. I accidentally seen some statistics on IBC and I am worried, deeply worried. 
    My doctor wrote me a certificate for my work for 2yrs.
    I am trying hard not overthink anything at the moment.
  • primek
    Options
    Yes I agree. I know with my diagnosis the internet just freaked me out also. Half the time the stats are without treatment. Techniques and treatments are constantly improving. The trouble with stats is it doesn't tell you which side you as an individual sit.
    So...yes...trust your team. They will be honest with you and it's fantastic you are starting chemo so soon. The beauty of pre surgery chemo is they then know it's responding and allows for better surgical outcomes. 
    Take one day at a time. Kath x