Wussy needs advice please.

Options
13»

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 943
    Options
    @tigerbeth ..I hope your day is okay now and that the respite folks take very good care of him. I also hope that you are able to use the time he's there to recharge your own batteries xoxo.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @tigerbeth poor u and your dad. I remember when my dad was alive after he had a fall and broke his hip the home he was in was horrible to him but luckily after he got out of hospital he went into one where they were lovely to him. It’s such a stressful time - I hope u did get some sleep last night xo
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @AllyJay every time I see this thread I keep thinking about u and what they want to inflict on u while u are awake - nothing short of torture. U stick to your guns!!  
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Thanks @AllyJay & @Kiwi Angel
    He didn't want to leave home previously but think he realised yesterday it was way too hard to stay there , his balance was off & couldn't walk properly. So stressful trying to organise the best for him 
    I did manage to sleep I was exhausted! 
    Will be off to have hydrolation of my shoulder this morning then to visit dad & see how he's faring ! 
    All my thoughts are with you @AllyJay
    have a great weekend lovelies xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @tigerbeth u have a great weekend too and I hope your dad did ok for his first night. It will be tough for him leaving his home of, as I imagine many years xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Time for a nuclear grade tanty @allyjay If you want to be sedated, they can bloody sedate you. This 'bit of pressure and a sharp scratch' shit has to stop. I'd rather someone told me it was going to hurt like fuck when it is going to feel like someone is driving a star picket into my body. It's nauseating and patronizing to be told lies and all it does is develop a level of mistrust which makes everything else so much harder.

Good luck, and stick to your guns. It's your well being vs their monster ego and when the gloves come off they seem quite shocked that 'the patient' has both an opinion and a right to control some aspects of their treatment. Mxx

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Thanks @Zoffiel...I agree totally with your statement that their downright lying and deception does nothing in the building-up-trust department. I generally have an extremely high pain threshold, but it's the needle phobia which has me in a total tizz. I've always had a bit of a thing about injections after a childhood of multiple ear infections with the resultant intramuscular injections of antibiotics (back in the 60's). When giving birth to my three babies, I was more freaked out about the injection given as the first shoulder is delivered (to prevent post partum bleeding) than I was about pushing out the equivalent of a rather large Christmas turkey through an aperture which normally accommodated items far smaller. This I did without so much as a whiff of gas, but much profanity instead. Over the last two years, this relatively mild thingo has now turned into an outright fear. I will refuse to proceed with the surgery if they fail to comply with my demands, (at this stage it's demands, not wishes).