This is where I'm at

Options
2»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Are you in a group session for the mindfulness stuff? It might be worth asking others, or a quiet word to the trainer - you may want a name for future reference.  I certainly wasn't ready to talk to anyone until near the end of chemo and then I needed someone, fast.  I was doing mindfulness sessions during most of chemo treatment.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    Hi @Sister, The mindfulness class is at the Andrew Love Centre and is a very supportive group. The other participants are all open and sharing as well as offerring a welcome listening ear as does the trainer. I now feel quite nurtured which is a strange thing for me to like but chemo makes us feel and act so different from what we are accustomed to. I will be fine now but I do now have emergency back up if I collapse in a heap. Thank you! Melody
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Completely agree with you @Blossom1961.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    YAY!!  Looks like you are on the right road @Blossom1961 !!  ;)   

Hopefully there are no more speed bumps!!  xx
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Okay so I might have eaten a block of Lindt. At least it was the 78% one which is healthy?! Just when you think you have the side effects worked out, another comes and bites you. I really cannot complain as so many people are doing it much harder than me but sometimes my big girl panties are only good for hiding under. Besides, I only ate one block, there are another five waiting.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good to have a back up supply!

• iserbrown
    Options

• iserbrown
    Options
    https://www.bcna.org.au/media/7045/thebeacon_calendar2018.jpg

For those of us that like chocolate check out 29 October on the calendar
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @iserbrown The 29 th October is my last round of Paclitaxel so I can use that to celebrate!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Tenth round of Paclitaxel done. However I really am not appreciating the cumulative side effects. I just keep telling myself, only two more weeks. The last three rounds have given me the addition of headaches and mild depression starting during treatment as well as swollen ankles. So far I have been able to control the depression but constant headache and swollen feet are now part of me. I actually let the depression run freely whilst I am having my treatment as I am in a safe place and I find it is easier to then control before I need to leave the hospital clinic. Not sure how I am feeling about my upcoming mastectomy and node clearance. I think I am okay with it but part of me says I have buried it under all this other garbage. I guess I will find out closer to the event.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    One foot in front of the other, @Blossom1961  - I hope your anxiety lessens & your upcoming surgery goes to plan xx

Maybe Chatting with the BCNA Counsellors will help .... BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

All the best xx