Fishing brag pics

Options
124»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,577
    Options
    It is great fun, & I get a feed too.  I usually only keep the odd flattie & blackfish.

When this is all over, @Julez1958 & @FLClover- if you ever make it up to my area - I'll get you onto fish!  ;) (Usually! But not today! :( )

• Sue_w
    Sue_w Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow @arpie, those are some great fish ! I haven't fished since I was a kid. Used to go on holidays to Nambucca Heads and fish the estuaries. Our bait was always yabbies that we had dregged from the sand flats. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    @arpie 👌🏻👌🏻😁😁
  • arpie
    Options
    The fishing results has been a bit sketchy this year - and the weather has been atrocious with big winds & lots of rain (it is still raining & windy as I type!) so I've not got out very often.  :(   Fishing the lake, is my 'safe spot' ..... communing with nature, catching fish & putting them back - is all good fun.

I hit the lake at the end of last week & went to a spot where I have done well in the past, (but not caught a thing there in the most recent outings) ..... so I was really happy when I hooked a good fish not long after launching my kayak - it went 38cm but pulled like a freight train and was the biggest on the day!

I was using a 'popper' that skitters across the water, looking like a skipping prawn and the bream find them irresistible! .... A couple of the fish even towed my kayak in a circle!!

Can't wait to get out again - but family arrives tomorrow ... then all the idiot boaters usually arrive on Boxing Day .... so I'll be trying to find a nice secluded spot (like this one) for my next outing, away from the madding crowd!

I hope you get out on the water & catch a feed now & then, too ;) 

Have a safe & happy Xmas & New year xx

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,121
    Options
    Great pics @arpie !
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Great catch there @arpie 🐟
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Always enjoy your pics @arpie
  • arpie
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I've got a spare kayak, @Brenda5for when you come down ;)  A Hobie & all!  xx
  • arpie
    Options
    I've been getting out a bit more now the tourists have left town ..... and been getting into some fish too!

Flatties, Bream & the odd nice whiting ......  I dropped a WHOPPER flattie last week (it would have easily been in the 90cm range!) but it got off before I could net it.  It was HUGE! (I only wanted to get its picture!!)  Then I hooked her little sister on the weekend - it only went 68cm, but the size of the head was much larger than I would have expected it to measure larger!!

All fish were put back to grow bigger!! 

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,121
    Options
    Fabulous @arpie
    Especially the flathead!
    👏👏👏
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    @arpie Wow!! 😲😃👌🏻
  • arpie
    Options
    The weather in recent weeks has been a bit rough & wet & windy but have managed to get out fishing now & then - there are some GOOD FISH in the system just now - and I've been busted off by a couple of them!!

Today was great fun with some top bream landed.

Some of the better fish .... all put back to grow bigger!!  (I've gone off eating fish just now!)

All good fun