I can't post pics in private message

Kattykit
Kattykit Member Posts: 252
Hi all, has anyone else had trouble posting photos in private messages, I have tried on all my devices and got a friend to try as well and no luck.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Hi @Kattykit

I just tried on my iPad & it wouldn't let me!  

Then, I tried on my laptop - and it also wouldn't let me (using the 'attach image' tab) .... but it DID let me add a pic if I 'dragged & dropped it' into the message.

SO ... I am not sure how to 'drag & drop' on an iPad .... but if using a desktop or laptop - just try Drag & Drop directly into the message!

Good luck!

Roberta
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Me either. 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Kattykit, @Kiwi Angel
    See thread below re posting photos, hope this helps
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/84335#Comment_84335

• arpie
    edited August 2018
    Hmmm .... I've Just tried again, (sending a message to myself) ...... usually in a post, as soon as you choose the pic (in the Choose Files Option), it starts loading immediately  (you see the blue line at the top of the post as it loads.)

But if I try to load the same pic in a PM, using the 'Choose Files' option - it just sits in the 'box' and won't load.

I don't think you can 'drag & drop' pics into a post on an iPad - I think you can only do it via the 'Choose Files' option.  Has anyone ever worked out how to Drag & Drop on an iPad?  I would imagine posting from phones would be the same?

I think you can only use the 'Image URL' option if putting in photos stored on a 3rd party Photo Host like Imgur, Flickr, Google Photos etc .... not from your own hard drive.

All this is really weird @Giovanna_BCNA - because I HAVE posted photos before in Private Messages with  no hassles at all!!  Has the Web Host made any changes that is somehow affecting it?
  • Kattykit
    @Giovanna_BCNA , I have done it numerous times before but now for some reason it won't do it, only in pm not anywhere else. I have just tried again, no luck, not even drop and drag, it is very frustrating as I can do it on public posts but not where i want it, I changed my profile pic, then tried to do exactly the same in pm but it won't work. Thanks Arpie, I thought I was going crazy.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    edited August 2018
    @arpie - same for me - can do it in discussions but in private messages it just sits there and doesn’t upload. i used to be able to do this no problems. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Just tested. Same. Doesn't work for me either where previously it has.
  • Kattykit
    Has anyone heard if they are going to fix this or is it gone forever.
  • kmakm
    I also don't like how the emojis offset your typed words. They used to be on the same line and sit neatly within the text. I don't think the latest update has been all that successful.
  • kmakm
    What's going on with the website?? There are weird boxes and colours and I'm getting a 30 second countdown to being logged off due to inactivity!

It's gone from being a visually clean experience to one that's very messy. Hope it's a glitch and not permanent.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello everyone
    I have sent a message to Vanilla our developers this morning regarding this issue and hope to have this sorted for you all  very soon.

• arpie
    edited September 2018
    ALL GOOD - you can send send pics in private messages again, (for a while now!)   :)   YAY!

Many Thanks, @Giovanna_BCNA