Looking forward to a Broome photo or two @Kattykit! K xox
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    You will all be sick of my holiday pics by the time I get back..hahaha
  • Kattykit
    Options
    @kmakm I keep forgetting to ask how your hand is, getting senile in my old age. Take good care of you, we don't come with spares :-)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kattykit Doing better than I expected thank you. Can't press too hard on the burnt bit, driving is a bit awkward and warm water hurts, but not too bad. You're a  sweetheart for asking  :*
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @kattykit - Broome is amazing (well, it was 20 years ago), as is so much of the north-west - just ask @Annie C .  I've done the camel ride - gotta love a camel - and remember fondly the dinosaur footprints.  I'd love to get back there but I suspect it will have to wait until the kids grow up as the fares are so pricey to get there.  
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Kattykit and @ Sister
    Broome has changed massively over the last 25 years that I have been jn the Kimberley.  It is still worth 1 visit. The true Kimberley starts 221 kms northeast of Broome. I am biased. 

It is lovely Kattykit that you are taking the time to visit our area. October will be hot hot hot. It is what we call the build up when we all go a little "troppo". It will probably be windy as it is also the "knock em down winds" time. We do have our own lingo up here! 
  • Kattykit
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sister We thought it would be expensive to fly up as well but the airlines have halved the fares if you are flexible with your days and we got a great deal on accommodation through air bnb, we get up there the day after school holidays end.

@Annie C great the hotter the better, plus there is a pool and we are staying right on the beach, we have also hired a car so we can get out and explore a bit. Maybe we could make a  side trip to Derby. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Annie C I don't know if it's in Kimberley lingo too but in North Qld we used to say "It'd blow a dog off a chain out there".
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Flaneuse
    Tears are running down my face and I nearly wet my self laughing!
    No we haven't a phrase like that. Definitely Queensland lingo.
    We do have one that means something is the almost the same.
    "Same same but little bit different". 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    'Same same but different' is big in India!