Home General discussion

Depression, Anxiety and Suicide

BlackWidowBlackWidow Lake GardensMember Posts: 180
edited July 2018 in General discussion
This is a post for those of us who suffer from depression and entertain thoughts of leaving this earth.  Not everyone is comfortable calling a help-line but Beyond Blue has an on-line resource which may be helpful to us in those dark moments.  I do know it has made my friend think and not act with a disastrous outcome.  Even if death does not occur sometimes the injuries of an attempt can be far worse.  I hope this helps even one lady.  Anne

www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/beyondnow-suicide-safety-planning

Sending happy vibes to all.

Comments

• melclaritymelclarity Member Posts: 3,398
    @BlackWidow whilst this is a difficult topic but a very valid one, so just wanted to thank you for raising some awareness around this. I'm sorry to hear of what happened with your friend, and I really hope that anyone in a similar situation feels there is help and support out there. I know since the day I started here on this Forum I would be there in the middle of the night for some Members, because I chose to for what they were going through. It is one thing I found for my path...but I have bled for others and all Ive ever wanted and done is be there for others. Its so important..wishing all a happy and healthy future. x
  • steplightlysteplightly Gold CoastMember Posts: 185
    Thankyou @BlackWidow for posting this  Another resource for people in dark space is invaluable 
  • primekprimek Broken HillMember Posts: 5,307
    Always good to put  these posts up. I've  called mental health hotlines in the past when things were difficult and found them very useful. 
  • RomlaRomla AdelaideMember Posts: 1,984
    I used Cancer Connect thru Cancer Council at a very low ebb and within 3 days was phoned by a lovely Irish woman in Maroochydore who had had breast cancer 10 years previously and was now enjoying her life. I will never forget what she did for me that day when I was so lost - it helped me turn the corner otherwise I may not be writing this today.
  • RenathaRenatha Member Posts: 27
    I had my first round of BC in 2014 and sailed through the tx. I was already relocating to a regional area, and when I did fell into a heap. I've always struggled with depression and anxiety so thought it was reactional due to multiple losses over the past few years. Then I learnt fatigue can often follow radiation tx. Most of the time I didn't want to be here. Long story short I was diagnosed with complex ptsd and severe chronic fatigue over the next 3 years. I had 2 years of therapy and was well into recovery when earlier this year they wanted to do a biopsy after the annual mamogram. I've had a much more difficult time healing (I am cancer-free) with complications and it's been a wakeup call. I have just returned from a Gawler Foundation Cancer retreat and it has made all the difference for me. It has been the right thing at the right time. I am committed to healing and to a fulfilling life ahead.