Out of control and in shock

Options
124»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Me2 I don't know what to say...my heart is breaking for you.  But this is certainly one of the places you can vent and scream and rage without apology.  Everyone has given suggestions re: cannabis and counselling.  I think we all hate the "you are amazing" comments but you have more right than most to answer that it's rubbish.  I hope the pain can be kept under control for a long time (and that that time is longer than you have been told) and that you are able to use this time for yourself and your family.  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @sarnicad You'd think that being in treatment would be less juggling of things to do but it just makes it harder, particularly when you're trying to keep up some semblance of normal for kids.
  • Me2
    Me2 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    It is so draining isnt it. Just trying to function and keep up some pretence of normal behaviour. Just all too much today.  X
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Me2 F**k pretending. Be you darl, just be you. K xox
  • Fletch
    Fletch Member Posts: 102
    Options
    @Sarnicad I apologise for jumping in on your thread . I have now worked out a bit better how this forum goes. You sound very determined and I wish you all the best. Thanks.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Fletch no drama we are at about the same stage/place with similar treatment to come. I didn't lose nipple and everyone keeps commenting on what an incredibly neat job my surgeon has done. Next week I will be 4 and a bit weeks post surgery so yes there is a bit of time to heal. Even the radiologist said they will give me 3 weeks post the chemo treatment before the radio starts

BTW I realised this week that I've had my boob out being felt by men I've just met more in the last week than I've had in my entire life - gave me a giggle
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @Me2 My heart goes out to you. I hope the treatment improves the pain for you. I lost my sister to the b#tch and all I can say is she packed a lot of memories in her time left and left such a tremendous legacy to her children and gave them strength to be so resilient because of hiw she faced her time. I'm sure she was angry...though nobody ever knew. She did volunteer work at her grandchildrens kindy so she had more special time with them. I thought this was truly amazing. Her husband...well they purchased an Ostrich farm. She's been gone 14 years now...but he has a reason to get up every day and walk the fences and keep going. He's in his 80s now. 
    Her illness brought her family closer and they have remained close with her passing as a way to honor her.
    So lovely. ..I'm hoping you are the miracle who surprises them all...but at the very least I want your pain to subside and you find a way to feel joy again in whatever time there is. Kath x
  • Me2
    Me2 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you so much Primek, much appreciated
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.