Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

I can't connect with my diagnosis..

Options

Comments

• Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    @Ellamary98, I too have a secret Facebook page that is specifically for my diagnosis. It takes the pressure of repeating myself, people can remove themselves if they want to as well. 
  • Ellamary98
    Ellamary98 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks, @Anne94. That's not a bad way to let the broader group know initially, either. It beats multiple conversations, without announcing it to the world at large. Aren't we fortunate to have these communication options? Thanks again, girls. You are a fabulous resource.xxx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi @Ellamary98 - I’m so happy to hear that your feeling more settled. 

I also did a trial run with two work colleagues before I told the world - one of them was really amazing, the other one cried - which I did not need - but it made me realise that I was going to get a whole range of unexpected reactions. 

It was really interesting actually - could be a great social studies thesis! People who I thought would be fine, collapsed into blubbering pools of emotion and that was bloody hard to deal with - especially because they took it harder than I did and they simply could not accept that I was not devastated like they were. Other friends were totally awesome - cool, calm and collected. 

Sending you tons of good wishes xxxxx
  • Ellamary98
    Options
    Thanks, @Eastmum- that is so very true! xxx
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    My mother told me in front of my 7 year old son that she lays awake at night thinking about where ill be buried
  • Ellamary98
    Options
    @Tennille. Good grief!! This is exactly what I'm afraid of...One of my sisters is very likely to say something similar in front of my kids..I hope you had words with your Mum!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    :o@Tennille - OMG!!!
  • Eastmum
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Tennille - good lord! I have to be honest, I would have been tempted to reply 'well you'll never know because you'll be six feed under before I am' - guess I would have had to bite my tongue?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    @Tennille
     when my mother did that in front of my boys with autism, I threw it back and said don't worry I wont be buried as I am donating my body to science.....  shocked silence by her.... 

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Tennille u go girl!!!  xo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Some daughters do 'ave 'em!  I hope your 7 yo is okay.
  • Eastmum
    Options
    @Tennille - you are an absolute legend! 11 kids - that’s incredible - what a blessing! What’s the age range? I’m in awe with 4! 
  • Ellamary98
    Options
    Wow, @Tennille! 11! I have 5 and at times that's crazy. Like you, I am doing a Masters Degree, although I just have a final thesis to complete. Too much life to live-I have zero interest in slowing down right now. Good luck with your studies- what area of research?