waiting is making me feel sick

Options
2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Ah don't worry about it @duxx1234! I think your finger/mouse hit 'quote' instead of 'like'. We've all done it at some point I'm sure. Thank you for your kind words. K xox
  • Fionap2017
    Fionap2017 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi Amy. Your story sounds similar to mine. I was also 38 when diagnosed last August. I have 2 boys too- 18 months old and 12 years old. I had a lump and a node involved. The first few weeks are definately the worst as you start getting overloaded with information. Once you know your plan of attack you really will feel a lot better. From then on it’s one day at a time and take things as they come. I tried to stay super positive and determined to beat it and I tried not to worry about what ‘might’ happen.

You need some positive stories now so I can tell you I was one of the lucky ones who got through 2 surgeries, chemo and radiation with hardly any side effects and yesterday I heard the magic words that I am now in remission. Looking forward to returning to work soon. It’s certainly not an easy journey but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and now I’m out the other side and feeling good.

I really hope things work out well for you and your appointment happens soon so you can get some much needed answers. We are all here if you have questions or need support.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Fionap2017 SO wonderful to hear! Well done. Happy trails! K xox
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    It's the quote button.  :smile:

Can somebody tell me please what button I am pressing incorrectly that copied this article!  I meant to hit the ‘like’ button not copy it.
    Sorry Kate @kmakm I love everything you post; you write with such compassion and empathy .  I think I said in one of my earlier posts that I am a computer ‘gumby’ Hence why I don’t do a lot of posting!!
    it makes me nervous!!

• duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks@kezmusc  Can you unclick the quote button after you have hit it my mistake? x
  • kezmusc
    Options
    Hmmm, don't think so.  I'll try it.
  • kezmusc
    Options

You can highlight it then delete it I think

• duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Oh thanks for your trouble @kezmusic Knowing me I will do it again
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @AmyB a warm welcome to you, it certainly isnt an easy place to be amidst the beginning confusion of it all. I have to agree I think it odd your GP saying anything, they're not qualified that's why you're referred to a Breast Clinic or Breast Surgeon. Biopsies are not always completely accurate, he said the lymph node was involved? The first step to peace is a Breast Surgeon who can tell you the results of the biopsy, and then more specifically a lumpectomy for a definitive pathology result. 

Hang tight, because it does send your world into a spin, knowledge is power, the sooner you get that appt the better you will feel. Hugs Melinda xo
  • AmyB
    AmyB Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Had a call from the hospital this afternoon, tomorrow morning heading in for more tests i.e CT/bone scan, possibly blood test and maybe additional biopsy. I'm nervous as all hell again now as it's now beginning to kick off. Going to watch a heap of nonsense tv tonight to help my mind go blank so I can hopefully get some sleep without stressing too much. At least now I know things are moving and can start taking in some of the amazing advice I have received here about taking one step at a time an breathing :) 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @AmyB Just a tiny suggestion I like Celestial Seasonings “ Sleepytime Tea” when anxious- it’s camomile and few other more palatable herbs and available in supermarkets - it’s a relaxant and yes can help sleep.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Hi @AmyB
    As the other lovely ladies have said .... try not to 2nd guess what is or isn't about to happen ..... all the best for you CT/bone scan tomorrow (I had my bone scan last week & altho I have the 'pic' I need to read the report!)

Yes, things are moving forward, which is good.   I was diagnosed on Jan 5th but all the surgeons were on hols til mid Jan ... so I had to wait for 2 weeks before getting any forward momentum .... but then it was all on!!  I had my surgery within 2 days of meeting the surgeon & home recovering after a lumpectomy (Grade 2 Invasive lobular cancer.)    

Keep busy, especially after the scan etc ... until you get your results .... thinking of you!  xxxx