Not Diagnosed yet

Options

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi there @Pahill . We are all here to support you and totally understand your decision. Like I said I have no regrets with my decision. And like you didn’t want to keep on worrying about it and I wanted to reduce my risk of recurrence or getting it in the other boob as much possible You can get an immediate reconstruction also remember. Trust your gut it’s the best thing in these circumstances. But like I said speak to your surgeon and get all your options and then you’ll know what’s best for you. Best of luck for Tuesday please keep us posted how you go. Feel free to ask anything anytime and great you have a fellow tassie devil to guide you through the system down there. I’m so pleased there doesn’t seem to be a problem with wait times in tassie and pissed off at the same time re the wait time in qld is so fucking long I was told this is a federal funding issue so why no waits in tassie and 3 to 5 in qld for breast recon ..... grrrrr...... Margie xx
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options
    @onemargie I apologise I shouldn’t have generalised I am sure there are waitlists in Tassie for some things just like the mainland. I’m not sure about the recon side of things but I have not found waitlists for anything I have needed this far but maybe I’ve been lucky 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hey love no apology needed at all. I have a friend in WA also who is booked for her double and recon next month and only finished her chemo recently  so I really hope there isn’t a wait time down there for you guys too if you need recon surgery that would be awesome. It’s just a shame that there is such a variance between states. I’d love to know the wait times in other states too out of curiosity. And no love I don’t think it’s luck it all comes down to funding and you guys obviously have it so that’s great.  Margie ❤️
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi @Pahill I’m 52 and was diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinoma in both breasts in January. I’m having a bilateral mastectomy this Saturday. Waiting for results is the absolute worst part. It would be better if they could tell you on the spot because as soon as you know one way or the other, you can start either planning treatment or just getting on with life - while you’re in limbo your mind wanders a million ways. Wishing you all the best for your results! 
  • Pahill
    Pahill Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you Eastmum I wish you all the best with your journey. Cheers 
  • Pahill
    Options
    Good morning just wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about Fibodemia please. Hope thats how it is spelt. Cheers
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Not sure what that is - maybe fibroadenoma? That's a non-cancerous lump in the breast. 
  • Pahill
    Options
    Yes thats what I meant sorry. Do you know much about it. Just wondering before I look it up on Google. Cheers
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    This is a great link that explains it in everyday language. There is an updated page link which shows a few different things but start with the first page.

http://breast-cancer.ca/fibro-noma/

• Pahill
    Options
    Thank you 
  • Afraser
    Options
    Thanks @primek - new to me! My speciality is schwannomas! Also benign, but tend to crop up in limbs not breasts. Scary at first though. The body is full of lumps! Mercifully mostly harmless. 
  • Pahill
    Options
    Sorry everyone I did forget to mention my dad has Lymphoma. Is this also something found within the breast? I actually have not mentioned it to my doctor should I?  Thanks for everyones support and I hope you are all having a good day. Cheers.
  • Afraser
    Options
    Would do no harm to mention it as part of your relevant history. As far as I know it's unusual in the breast but someone else may have better information.
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi @Pahill  sending a private message. Regards Riki
  • Pahill
    Options
    Ok Riki_BNCA