Happy Easter

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Options
    We have family visiting, what a lovely way to spend Easter. Peace and safe travels to you all xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @kmakm Wow, that looks AMAZING!!! Go You!!! For someone feeling the sting of chemo & suffering indigestion, you have done an awesome job baking this beautiful creation. It puts my hot cross buns to shame......You should be very proud of what you have created given all you have been through physically & emotionally on this roller-coaster ride. As you have said previously, baking is very therapeutic & you are proof of that. Take care & look after yourself & enjoy little bites of this marvelous cake with a soothing cuppa. Thanks so much for sharing this photo. It means a lot when we get to see pics from our friends on this forum as it brings us into each others homes. Lots of hugs to you! Anne xxxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh @Anne65 you do say the sweetest things! I must say I am exhausted today, bit teary. I think I'm coming down from the high of the last few days. Going to head out for a walk shortly. K xox
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Options
    That cake looks wonderful, how lovely.......Yum!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options

Cake looks gorgeous!!!

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
  • Anne65
    Options
    @kmakm Sorry that you are feeling a bit emotional today but you know what, that's OK because after everything that we have all been through, it's no wonder. We are all "Superwomen" but we are human & it's OK to have a few down days & there are always so many friends here to pep us up & tell us everything is going to be OK. You may have overdone it the last few days & your body is telling you to slow down & take time out for yourself. Hopefully that walk has made you feel better. I find exercise is the best thing to cheer me up. Unfortunately, i can't get back to running just yet as i am still recovering from rad treatment & my surgery site is still tender so it's just walking for me at the moment. Sunrise & sunset are the best times to be out with nature & breath in the fresh air. I'm off for more surgery on Friday 13th to get my ovaries & tubes removed so I'm getting as fit as i can before that.  Wishing you lots of love & hugs & I hope there is someone with you that can give you a cuddle & tell you how amazing you are! take care my friend, thinking of you xxxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Dearest @Anne65, thank you for your kindness. My walk did cheer me up, the weather here was so beautiful today, the blue sky, birds and autumn colours were good for my spirits. The fatigue of my last round of chemo has affected my motivation for walking, but with 24 days to go until the big op, I'm going to hit the pavements hard to build up some strength. Just like you! Great minds think alike... (fools seldom differ!). I hope you can get back to your running soon. How is the recovery from your surgery expected to be? I hope not too arduous. Is it keyhole surgery?

I touched base with my two besties this afternoon & evening. Always a balm. You take care too, we all need that love and those hugs so I'm sending some virtual ones your way. You always cheer me up Anne, thank you. K  <3:*
  • kmakm
    Options
    @socoda @Tracey_B Thank you! It was delicious. It's the BBC Food recipe if anyone wants to have a crack. I'm not generally a fruit cake lover but this one I like.  :)
  • Anne65
    Options
    @kmakm So nice to hear you are feeling in better spirits! I have just come back from my morning walk & feel ready to face the day!! Glad to hear your walk cheered you up & touching base with your friends was just what you needed. I finished rad nearly 3 weeks ago but still feel a little fatigued from that & your right, as much as we are tired & unmotivated to exercise, it does make you feel better once you have done it! i don't have to go through chemo so my heart breaks for you & the many others that have had to endure that treatment which is SO much harder than rad. The countdown to your op is fast approaching but i know your strength will get you through plus the help of all your forum friends. My surgery is keyhole & i plan to be back at work in a week so the following Friday after my op all going to plan!!. It is good to have as much fitness in our body & mind before we go under the knife so best for us both to keep up the exercise!! I hope to get back to running in a month or two once recovered from this next op. Sending more hugs your way & take care as you have a lot to deal with so you need plenty of "me time". xx
  • kmakm
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Anne65 Thank you sweets, a bit more me time is the plan! I hope you get plenty as well. I love my forum friends! K xox