Emotional Wreck!!

lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
So tomorrow I am going in to get my ovaries removed. My cancer was estrogen + but only 30% so considered low but I am only 38 and if I didn’t get them out it would mean the zolodex injection every month till I reach menopausal age ( are you fucking kidding me?!?!). So I have had a double mastectomy and axillary  clearance and was fine with all that but am a complete mess with this op. Am pissed off that another part of me that defines me as a woman is being taken away! Am pissed off that I will never be able to have the 3rd baby like we had planned! Am pissed off that this is my life tonight! Tomorrow I will wake up and just deal with it but tonight I am pissed off! Fuck you cancer! 

Comments

• Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Can you try for another baby before ovary removal?
    I went on Zoladex at 40 because I was still having my period every 28 days and my Onc wanted to suppress my ovaries. I came off it 6 months later and its now been a year and my periods never returned.  You may not need to be on Zoladex that long.
    Im sorry you are hurting. Hang in there x
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I get it. I was older than you but had mine out in Dec 2016. Technically it is not a big operation; a couple of tiny stitches and a few days discomfort, nothing to stress about really.
    Really? 
    Apart from being backed into a corner and turned into an old woman over night?  I'm not a breeder and was too old anyway, but still... I don't like it.
    I feel like a lemon that has had the juice squeezed out of it then been left out in the sun. Still recognisable as a lemon with a bit of colour on the dried out top, but mouldy if you flip it over.
    Oh fuck you cancer. Truly, truly fuck you.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Oh @lgray3911.  It sucks and especially if you were planning another child but it doesn't define who you are.  Your breasts, your ovaries, your hair....they're only surface things.  If I could give you a big stick, or perhaps a gamma ray from a cartoon, to send you loose against the cancer army, I would.  But you are still you.  Your kids will still love you as they do (except maybe when you've told them they've had enough screentime).  The only good thing is that you never have to worry if those ovaries are turning dirty on you and going to take you from your family.  Rage and cry and we'll be here on the other side.  Good luck with the op.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I HATE THIS SHIT. IT SUCKS ARSE BIG TIME. I feel shouty for you. Hope everything goes smoothly today. But really, FFS  :#:#:#
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Dear @lgray3911 I will pm you
    Regards Riki
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    They are fabulous, love them! Hard to get all worked up and prepared for something and then have it cancelled. Glad to hear you're feeling better. You are not your ovaries but you can have fun wearing them!!