Oh honestly!

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Here's the link @Sister
    https://www.otisfoundation.org.au/
    They are a fabulous organisation
  • Coffee
    Coffee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I totally get what everyone is saying here. I was sitting her moping, metastatic bc with 3 broken ribs from a fall when I got the BCNA Mont Blanc trek info. Guess what. I signed up for it lol. I have a way to go with my fitness but know I can do it. The fundraising I hate but its a gift to be able to give back to BCNA when in reality the drugs thats keeping me alive may only be on the PBS because of their determination to get them there.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I have looked at those - hopefully we'll get a chance to do it before I'm no longer considered newly diagnosed.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @Sister, you can stay at Otis Retreat Accommodation at any stage - you don't have to newly diagnosed. 
    @Coffee - I am jealous! That sounds like an amazing trip!
  • Coffee
    Coffee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    It does sound amazing, and I've always wanted to go to Switzerland. If the mets decide to give me grief beforehand, my daughter said she'd step up to the challenge and fill in for me so it wouldn't be wasted. Maybe I'll get to meet some other women in my boat, can be a lonely disease at times. These forums are great, at least its 'our normal'.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @coffee I am so envious - what a fantastic experience you're going to have!