Any positives to hot flushes?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Joannie Why thank you ma'am!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    More elegant than using the programme.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hey @kmakm,

Just recently tried acupuncture for back/hip aches and flushes.  Expensive (3 treatments $450) and ZERO improvement. Grrr
  • kmakm
    Options
    Ah @kezmusc, what a pity. Better spent on a new frock and shoes by the sound of it. Did you consult anyone on your medical team before doing it?
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    I did have a general chat with my GP.  She said there's no harm in trying it but had heard of varying results.  So I guess just another thing that works for some and not for others.  Would have preferred the new shoes!

• kmakm
    Options
    @kezmusic Always!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @dbelle Some acupuncture chat in this thread you might be interested in  :)
  • dbelle
    dbelle Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up about acupuncture settling the hot flushes down. I’ve read the studies saying it doesn’t work but went ahead with the idea anyway. The practitioner I went to has had some success but agreed it doesn’t always work for everyone. Had 1st treatment last week with no change yet but he’s asked me to keep a record of attacks & it seems I’m having one every hour or two for at least a minute sometimes two. No wonder it’s driving me crazy!! @Bevkk & @kmakm
  • kmakm
    Options
    @dbelle Thank you for the update. Do let us know how you get on as your acupuncture progresses. I have very few to no hot flushes during the day but you can set your watch by them at night. The first one arrives between 8 - 8.30pm and then they're 30 - 45 minutes apart for 12 hours... the really big ones wake me up. If I'm having a run of those it's every 1.5 - 2 hours. I am sooo tired.
  • Bevkk
    Bevkk Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I have had 6 acupuncture treatments. Mine are mostly covered by bupa. I am under the PINC program so it is cheaper. The flushes got less the more treatments I had. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Excellent to hear @Bevkk
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    My having hot flushes adds new meaning to some of the tunes I have heard over the years eg “Hot Stuff”Donna Summer.Even the Wiggles “Hot Potato Hot Potato” brings on a laugh. Anyone else got one ?