Any positives to hot flushes?

Options
kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
I've got one. When it's cold at night and you need to get up to pee, wait until a hot flush comes along and ride that mo fo all the way to the loo...

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @kmakm Oh the old hot flushes @kmakm thank god I don’t have any anymore. I used to have a squirty bottle by my bed that I would use to spray my face with I’d freeze part of it then fill it up so it would last through the night. Hope this helps. Margie.  Xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @onemargie Noted. Thank you. Do you know why they've stopped for you?
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I finished chemo in October 2016 and it was almost overnight in July last year that the flushes stopped as well as the neuropathy pain in my hands. Can’t explain it but very grateful I can tell you love xx
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    On a similar tone... hot flushes make it real easy to get out of the hot shower on a chilly morning lol
  • dbelle
    dbelle Member Posts: 19
    Options
    My hubby bought me a tiny USB fan that clips onto the side of the bed. It's magic!! I also have it on my desk during the day and it never fails as a discussion point. Hoping that it promotes empathy for us poor souls trapped inside our human ovens and explains the constant sheen on my face!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Fresh air through the open bedroom window even in the middle of winter
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    They give you an excuse to walk out of meetings, compose yourself, and re-enter less likely to take a swing at someone.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Ooh I do like that @Joannie. Fancy!!
  • Bevkk
    Bevkk Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Acupuncture has helped with mine. Down to one a night from 6/7 a night. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    That's really interesting @Bevkk. I asked my onc about acupuncture & hot flushes and she looked it up while I was sitting there and said the clinical studies had shown no benefit from acupuncture. I had heard that it helped some women which is why I asked. Very pleased to hear it's helped you!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie I had to go to my son's school show tonight. No stripping down when a hot flush hits! But your comment prompted me to take a hand fan, and it worked a treat!!