Nighttime naughty knitting.

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @AllyJay - I've never knitted a beanie before.  I used to knit jumpers and have done a couple of fair isle (one I loved doing, the other I hated) although I always passed them on to Mum to pick up the neck and it was always to a pattern!  How hard are beanies, how hard is this one with the writing and do you have a pattern?  Or are you so clever and experienced that you just wing it?
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Hi there @Sister , This beanie is knitted flat, then seamed, as opposed to knitting in the round. I hate having a  handful of porcupine quills to do in the round!! The writing I just got off the internet, showing the alphabet. I then just copied the letters onto graph paper, and off I go.
  • Sister
    Options
    The writing sounds too clever for me.  But maybe I'll try knitting a plain beanie this Winter.
  • Sister
    Options
    Don't forget to post a pic of the finished article!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Oooh too late. I'm not very techno savvy, and my Bearded  One has to do all the photos on the  mobile, then onto the computer with all the fiddle faddle. He then just tells me that it's on, and where to find it. The hat has already  found a new home and the next  one  is in the post on the way to its new home. Perhaps the owner of the soon to be a tad  rudes noggin will post a  photo of hat in situ.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Will do  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie You betcha!  B)
  • Sister
    Options
    Lookin' good!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    http://intheloopknitting.com/free-fun-hats-knitting-patterns/

Am  inspired by a winter hat @SoldierCrab was given by her kids.
    @AllyJay so  thought this might be of interest to you and some others .I like the Princess Leiea snood - great for a wintry day at home watching tv or reading a book 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Romla
    bhah 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hilarious @Romla! Love the Mummy and the Brains  :D
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Priceless @Romla. I'm torn between the thinking hat ( I need all the help I can get) and goldfish in a bowl. Though, the Mountain Man may be an idea, I will need to channel something to deal with what ever is IN MY BLOODY WALL CHEWING THINGS. Pant. Snarl. As if I need to be kept awake by the noise of something eating my house. Grrrrr.
  • Sister
    Options
    I could see me flaunting a tardis but the slouching hat looked a bit like a turd.

Is something after you @zoffiel?  Growl loudly?