Options

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Treats box
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @Flaneuse thank you...I do like pamper box for another gift box I’m putting together..

pamper and treat somehow don’t suit Chemo or Radiation boxes :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hendrix
    Options
    I know it was a joke lol that’s why are asked what some of you girls were on!! And to share it ;)
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Hi @Hendrix
    OK - will think of shorter names if I can.  I do reckon "A big hug" as little hugs don't go far !
    Perhaps just shorten those mentioned by @Molly001
    Chemo - Boxed Love
    Radio - Care Kit (or is that too clinical-sounding ?)
    Bath - Ray of sunshine - or just "Sunshine for You".

• Hendrix
    Options
    Thank you @Summerhill38 xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2018
    Options

It's all new

Here for you

Help you through

Proud of you

Soppy sticks in my craw but you only have to walk past a gift card stand to see there is a market for it. Maybe two ranges with the same products but different names--one light and one dark (or pink and purple if that suits)

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Hey @Hendrix see what happens when you ask for opinions--everyone's got one :)

• Hendrix
    Options
    @Zoffiel I don’t mind everyones opinions...I asked :)
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Zoffiel and I like your train of thought 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited January 2018
    Options
    When I was first diagnosed I was petrified and had no idea what my prognosis was going to be and it made me feel extremely fragile but I also didn’t like the cliches from people either. In fact I hated them I was not trying to be a “smart arse” with my suggestions just merely trying to make light of a shitty time in my life where I would of got a laugh don’t get me wrong I appreciated any lovely things I received, but too much of the “nice pretty” stuff got too much for me too and sometimes made me feel worse like people thought I might not get through it. Humor got me through and still does. I think we all handle our diagnosis, treatment and surgery in different ways, I still make jokes about my flat chest or my previously bald head and that’s my way of dealing with it. Others prefer the gentle approach which is great too. So perhaps @Hendrix  could do some “gentler ones” and some “smart arse” ones and then it gives family/friends a choice as to which box they think might suit best. Margie xx 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It's a hard one, isn't it?  I don't do sweet and pretty, either (hence the Amazon woman comment after my mastectomy) - tough and funny appeals to me more as it makes me feel more a doer than a done to.  But would friends be game to buy boxes with those sort of sentiments?  One of my closest friends would get it and my Mum if she was still around - I don't know if the others would.  A choice might be the way but could add on too much expense or, find a balance between smart arse and sweet.  I can't give you anything creative, though - brain's too scrambled for that and I haven't even started chemo!
    I don't know: Radio - Grease Lightning; Chemo - It's Chemistry ...ugghh see what I mean.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’m sure @Hendrix will get the balance right she’s a smart chicky. And I guess What really matters is the idea that @hendirx has is just awesome and we all will support her whichever box names she chooses and Supporting bc research like she has chosen to do, really is what is important. Margie. Xx 
  • Hendrix
    Options
    I agree @onemargie...be positive, journey...words I’ve come to dislike now.  One of the items in the newly diagnosed Box is “I Promise to Never Refer to Your Cancer as a MotherF’n Journey”  I so can’t wait to share the products with you all xx