The perks of chemo!

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I rocked being bald ... 
    I tried through summer to wear a scarf/wrap but I was too hot  between summer heat and hot flushes my then teens said just rock it bald mum so I did .... 

• kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Options
    No bad hair days no shaving/waxing and smooth skin...getting to rest whenever you wanted.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Here’s another one. You get to meet a whole heap of other bc survivors who are all climbing the same shitty mountain as you and it’s always good to have them to chat too xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    Options
    l'll be swapping baby brain for chemo brain...and as l'm terrible at remembering b'days !!!!

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Salpali and @Joannie I still have bloody chemo brain FFS! And it’s been over 12 months since I finished xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @onemargie @Afraser I'm not at chemo yet (still waiting for surgery date), but I am really excited about the idea of no chin hair! It's the plague of my life!
  • Jual
    Jual Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Great idea! I have been having regular coffee dates with a new friend who has ovarian cancer and chemo at the same time as me and we have discussed this very topic!! 

Not rushing anymore as not working at present and being able to slow down!

Attending events at my children's school ( but was also able to cite the BC chemo as why I couldn't attend a 4 hour speech day - works both ways!!) 

Connecting again with people socially for morning tea!

Being looked after by my mum for a week after each cycle of chemo (meals, keeping up fluids, conversation and trash tv together)! 

Time with my mum and dad and siblings to talk and go to movies, to walk and talk!!

Short showers and no hair washing or drying! No hairdressers! 

Daily walks and listening to podcasts

Finding out how much people care with texts and posts and even though you know - the world has so many great people - those you know and millions you don't!