An eye has gone bung again

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Speaking about bung eyes, I've just arrived home from Melbourne where I had some monstrosity removed from my eye lid. The oculoplastic surgeon I was referred to only works in the private system and I have no insurance. To get this thing removed in theatre was going to cost me thousands which I don't have. Main reason for the theatre was she prefers patients to be sedated because, and I quote 'Its not pleasant and people don't like it' I've had to do lots of things I haven't liked in the last ten years. I reckon I'm getting pretty good at it.

So, I managed to convince her to do it in her rooms. Part of the test she put me through to see  if it was going to be possible was sticking a piece of wire down my tear duct to see how I'd react. I didn't like it much. But I sat there.

I didn't like today much either. But I lay there like a good girl thinking about the $100 per minute I was saving by sucking it up. I never want to do that again.

I now have a very flattering dressing that covers half my face and a weeks wait to see what the pathology is. Life just gets better and better, does it not?

To add insult to injury I bought a black eye patch, I decided if life must keep turning to shit, you may as well be a pirate. It doesn't fit. Argh.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Pirate sounds a ripper idea! When all else fails we should all turn to robbery on the high seas. What can we lose?  You are so much braver than me, the mere thought of a wire down my tear duct would loosen up my cheque book immediately. I hope that all is well in a week's time. Otherwise hoist the Jolly Roger, fire amidships and sink the oculoplastic surgeon. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options

Bet you would rock being a Pirate.... arghhh
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    More like Jack Sparrow. Or Geoffrey Rush being half decomposed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I hope the pathology comes back fine and thats one thing done and dusted and over.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Zoffiel your toughness is amazing!
  • Zoffiel
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's not toughness, it's poverty and desperation; I wanted that thing off my face. I had few choices; wait for a spot to come up at the Eye and Ear (months of stress) pay for it (another mortgage, more stress) excavate it myself (messy) or suck it up and pretend I was somewhere else for an hour. I think many would make the same decision.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hats off to you!  Toughness comes about from adversity, the school of life and sometimes hard knocks!  Here's hoping the pathology report is all good!  x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Yep @Zoffiel
    I have the same dilemma at times.  finances versa sanity 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Hi @Zoffiel
    Bloody long trip to Melbourne for you - and to go for such a reason -argh !  You are a brave soul but as you would say, the cost of these things does give us added strength from somewhere.  What us women have to endure !  Roll on Tattslotto, I say (mind you, my $2 per week gambling probably won't do it).
    I have had ingrown eyelashes and that was no fun so I congratulate you on what you have done.
    Hoping you are feeling more comfortable.
    Hugs  Summer   :)
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Eye say eye say eye say, how are you traveling @Brenda5
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    I've tried not to one eyed about things now I'm supposed to be a grown up, but I have to say that a post I read today made me look like this. 
    Me having a bung eye pales into insignificance compared to someone who is both fragile and vulnerable being threatened and made miserable by someone they had trusted. Perspective is all. OK, today I quite literally don't have any in one respect but, crikey, there are some members out there who we really need to get behind.  Marg x