The time has come to say goodbye to my port and our love hate relationship

Options
2»

Comments

• Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Mine's scheduled to come out this Monday which pleases me no end ie another milestone in the rear view mirror.  However,  I've only been told to just turn up in the afternoon and it will be removed in radiology, no sedation, no fasting etc  Got me a bit worried now as it went under a GA and it seems that most of you ladies in this position have been taken to theatre or under some sedation.  I hope it goes ok. Fiona
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hey @wendy_h67 even though I had a few issues with mine (it flipped and needed second surgery and it got blocked about 6 times) I am still very very very glad I got it. 

hey Christine @iserbrown , I am not on the forum as much these days weekly rather than daily. Guess it's a sign that life is getting back to my new normal. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Cath @socoda Not planning on celebrating much. Just grateful things are moving on. When I think about how much of a mess I was when I was first diagnosed and then going through treatment, I shudder. Now things are soooooooooo much better. Still bloody frustrating at times with joint pain and hot flushes, but better. 

Good to know about the tape @onemargie . I've already had two incisions on the same spot for my port - the first to get it inserted and the second to fix it after it had flipped. This will be the third incision. So far the 1 inch  scar is flat and a little indented. After putting bio oil on it for 18 months I hardly notice it.  I hope it doesn't look too bad after being cut for a third time.

Those 9 sessions will go quick @MKitty68