Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Hair loss after 4 weeks

2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    There's a sort of perversity about the growing back! Those who had hair as straight as a poker (me!) don't just get chemo curls but chemo frizz! Those who love their curls get not as much as a kink. Redheads get white hair, brunettes go grey. Mostly it sort of gets rearranged over time! Or we all just settle for how it works out. Good luck all. 
  • Hello5678
    Hello5678 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks @viking1 I’m secretly hoping that when it’s all over and my hair comes back it’ll be curly. I’ve never liked my hair so am curious to see if it changes. Pastel colours, sparkles and glitter sounds awesome - have fun with it!! Will check out the boho beanies in bamboo. I’m in Melbourne and going through the private system so maybe I don’t get the $160? I don’t a Breastcare Nurse either. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Mine came back white and curly...then just turned steely and I looked like an old ladies 80s perm. And not all if it was curly so I chopped it back short again and had some white streaks put back in. Haha.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    It is an interesting thing, mine came back curly and as its grown it has dropped, my hair is exactly as it used to be. I used to have naturally wavy hair, so I can wear it wavy or straight. Really happy with how it is now. Generally everyones grows back curly, I liken it to when we first start growing hair lol baby curls. Color was steely grey YUK! started dying it asap :) 

and this is now at 2.5yrs later

• viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    @Hello5678 If you are Private, I don't think you will qualify as I am Public.  However, you should definitely have a Breast Nurse! Are you having chemo prior to surgery? That could explain it...please ask as they are pretty much second to angels lol. I have swapped to public patient in private system for rads as closer to home and was told that if I'd stayed public in public, all my creams would have been free.  But the shorter hours per day in travel are what matters.  Aren't Mel's pics good! @melclarity I am in the second row stage, number 1 &2 but still not as dense but that exact colour.  I don't mind the steel gray, because I am sick of doing roots!  Or my purse is. So as I was saying to Hello, I might play around with colours and wash out. But you are a lovely blonde! I especially like your pixie cut ... I can't pull it off unless I lose 20kgs
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hello @melclarity - I had to stop by and make a comment - could not help myself !
    Melinda, what wonderful pictures - you look fabulous in all of the different styles and colours.  This post will certainly give hope and faith to many others as they travel their path of this rotten disease and treatment.
    You are a stunner in more ways than just the photos.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited January 2018
    Ohhh @Summerhill38 thank you! what a lovely thing to say! I remember putting that collage together and I too thought it's helpful for others who are going through treatment. I remember it being quite a traumatic thing, once I lost it I soon got used to it, but it was hard as I'm sure many would agree. xx

Thanks @viking1 yes it can be expensive though I've always gone to a lady who works from home :) refuse to pay ridiculous prices elsewhere. I must admit that short and grey was actually nice, but once it grew more it was salt and pepper and looked stupid haha! I figured uuugh I'm too young for that yet! so I dye it probably every 2 months or so. I think its amazing how anyone looks with a short cut like that, I would never have opted for it to be honest but again it's not really me, so I've continued to grow :)