Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

newly diagonosed

Options
2»

Comments

• JuMuKu
    JuMuKu Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Bbbcm
    im so sorry to hear about what you’re going through with your spine mets. It sounds very challenging. I too have mets on my spine but have so far have escaped any pain or other more serious implications. With care
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    I have NO idea how an 'enema' is even done ...... I understand that it used to involve a long tube & a squeezable ball with which to deliver some liquid to your anal cavity - but personally, I've never had one administered!  (Thank God!)  And would have difficulty considering one 'therapeutic'!!  I would imagine it would push stuff further UP then OUT!  :( 

Whenever I've had 'medical enemas' (for Uppies & Downies) they've been either solutions or tablets that are swallowed - and very soon - the urgent urge & need to find a toilet & stay there for some hours - usually without any trousers & undies on at all!! 

Who is game to explain how a coffee enema is done?   Do you cook your own coffee or does it have to be something bought from a chemist or naturopath?
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @arpie, just google coffee enema, thats what I did, it gives you all the "gory" details of what to do and how to do it, personally could not think of anything worse,

wendy55
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Colon cleansing has not been proven to be necessary (or if it is, you should be seeing a doctor) and coffee enemas have been "linked" to problems (ie may not cause but may aggravate other conditions).  So make sure your practitioner is reputable. Bowel problems with chemo are frequent - too much or too little - but should clear up when treatment finishes. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    @wendy55   I'm with you!  ;)   It won't be on my 'to do list' any time now! ;)