Comments

• gingerninja
    gingerninja Member Posts: 38
    Options
    great news @DearB !!!!!  I hope you have wonderful break on your cruise xxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyy @DearB that is fantastic news. Congratulations and enjoy your trip Xx 
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Fantastic news and enjoy that cruise. Please let us know how it goes 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic. Such a good outcome. 
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Just going to have another 2 weeks off before cruise. Just need to get my head around everything now.  Feel blessed but still scared of stuff.  It's the unknown isn't it. At go now for certificate. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @DearB That is such a wonderful relief for you, Ohhh the tests, biopsies, lumpectomies are horrendous, so I'm glad you've gotten through it all. Great News! My first diagnosis in 2011 I had radiation 5-6 weeks, so very doable!!! then Tamoxifen for 4yrs. All the best, now go enjoy that Cruise!!! :) x Melinda 
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks Melinda.  I am going to go crazy I can feel it. Today my gp asked what did they think about my enlarged nodes in Tummy area.  ??? Umm they didn't mention it so all day I have felt pain in my back. (Bone scan was clear) stomach ( not eating a lot at the moment ) feet (wore crappy shoes down the street ). Boob (got my period as I no longer have implanon)  I know it's crazy but I don't go back to royal melb for 6 weeks.   I got the flu shot.   Because you know now I have this condition.   That's fine and I wanted the flu shot but to get told I should get it and for free now.    
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Ohhh well if it helps, its actually normal!! yep...going crazy, round the twist?? because it's so surreal and overwhelming I think. There's so much you're trying to digest and sift through, it's literally impossible, so youre on auto pilot doing what you have to, that emotionally there's no time to catch up or make sense. So I say...take a deep breath, and only look at one thing at a time. I think they have it all in hand, and sound very thorough, and the flu shot, yeah I get forced to have it too LOL but no big deal. I had my mastectomy/diep flap recon in Feb at Royal Melbourne. Hang in there...xx Melinda
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @DearB. Crazy is what happens.

Everything hurts all of a sudden which means there ar definitely mets in your knee. Your headache is a brain tumour. If you don't eat for three days you won't shit which, obviously, means your previously undiagnosed ovarian cancer has moved to your bowel. People look at you different--are they savants who can smell advanced cancer and that sad smile means you are one of the damned?

This stuff is exhausting. Everything either happens too fast or too slow. We get it.  Marg xxxx

• DearB
    Options
    Yes!!!!   I feel like the whole world can tell I have cancer.    
  • DearB
    Options
    Had my Meeting at sunshine for radiatherapy meeting and left a bit upset stupidly, that and I was tired
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    It's not stupid at all. I cried in the Xray dept after my confirmation of chemo and waiting for a heart scan. It is the "this is really happening moment " but on we go. You got this. Kath x
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks. All good today.  Just that she gave all the possible worst case scenarios and then asked me if I wanted to do radiation.   Wait what it's optional???  I freaked and she said I could take the form home and think about it.  Hell no. I wouldn't be back so I signed and go back next week for ct scan.  I feel much better today I have had 2 nights of decent sleep so that makes a massive difference!!!
     And shared pic of lake right near my house.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Yes radiation therapy can be optional in some cases. It depends on what strain and size of breast cancer you have etc. I had a sit down with the head of radiography and he said (in my case) it would probably do more harm than good but i could insist on it if I wanted it. After a mastectomy and chemo I opted to follow his recommendation and not have radiation therapy.