Chemo - New Member Redflower posted this on Activity page...

Options
2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Hi I didn't have any specific dietary advice but I lost my appetite on A/C for the first few days each treatment and then lost my taste buds when on Taxol. I ate yoghurt in small amounts. Curiously spicy food was just as tasteless as anything else when I was in Taxol but I could taste and enjoy flavours like banana, avocado, eggs and salad. It's all highly variable. Eat as healthily as you can, you'll soon know what you can't tolerate. 
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Hi Redflower, I am on Nexium for the reflux and indigestion. You can get the lower dose 20mg over the counter at the chemist, but I take 40mg, your Oncologist can give you a script for it if it is an issue. I will take it every morning for the duration of chemo.

If you pick up the Nutrition for Cancer booklet at your cancer centre, it has things to avoid in it, but as said above, treat it as you would pregnancy, avoid anything kept cool in deli Windows, and anything kept hot in Bain Marie's. Feta cheese, Ricotta and a few soft cheeses also are best to avoid and eggs should be cooked so the yolk is hard. You might find the information as a download on the Cancer Council website.