Never thought I would get here

Options
2»

Comments

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Thanks All for your comments

@primek - I have received heaps of support from you too so thanks!
    @Soldier Crab - good luck with your weight loss. I know you can do it!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @Nadi what a fantastic and honest post. THANK YOU!  I think we can all identify with everything you talk about. Im blown away by your weightloss!! honestly what a massive achievement! I put on 7kg from Chemo 15months ago and cannot shift it :( I hardly drink alcohol anymore exercise has been difficult due to side effects so its still work in progress with an Exercise Physiologist. Getting over a mastectomy/reconstruction has set me back BUT like you cannot wait to start to get the weight off and reclaim my life. I am nearly 2 years clear and you are so right it does get better. After my recurrence in 2015 my world was rocked to the core...how does that happen inspite of aggressive treatment uuugh BUT again we dont know how the hell we get through it all but we do and we do come out the other side with a renewed determination to just BE, BE the best we can be and be happy! So wonderful to hear of your journey and how far you have come. Beautiful!!! Ohhh chocolate is my nemesis too uuugh not something I can give up either, plus its about moderation in all things, not about what we eat or dont eat..no rhyme or reason just whats best for ourselves. :) Hugs Melinda xo
  • Nadi
    Options
    I couldn't agree more about moderation, Mel. I think the hardest thing for me to get my head around was that I just have to be 'mindful' of what I eat. I just packed my lunch for work today - a nice homemade chicken schnitzel with veggies. i know if I have this for lunch then my dinner has to be light - probably fish,so there is that kind of thinking going on with a lot of planning ahead. Also thrilled at my morning weigh in this morning which shows I have now lost 29 Kilos!! Determined to reach 30 kgs by 6 April which is my next portacath flush appointment! Theonly downside to this weight loss is that my portacath is a lot more noticeable to others, but I don't care. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Nadi, thank you your post is inspirational. An incredible achievement. Very best wishes, do happy for you. 
  • melclarity
    Options
    Nadi, that is such a sensational effort!!! I actually weighed myself and laughin Ive lost 1kg BUT HANG ON I had a mastectomy/diep flap recon haha!!! so I actually lost some of me. Anyway, I wanted to ask you, what sorts of things do you do for snacks?? I like to graze I find, so I like fruit, but after some ideas? Thanks! Melinda xo
  • Nadi
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't snack a lot, but when I do my go to's  are kiwifruits, plums, apricots, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, mangos, watermelon, asparagus, cooked baby spinach with tomatoes and mushrooms and garlic, and fresh cooked corn on the cob (I know, corn is a weird snack right? but it is so incredibly sweet!) along with a cup of tea. I usually have a punnet (125 g) of some type of berry every day. The reason being they do wonders as a natural anti inflammatory for my arthritis. They also have very few calories and yet with a cup of tea they fill me up. I find the fresh berries rather expensive but they cost the same amount as a coffee I used to buy from work so since I gave up buying coffee it's not an extra expense. If I am really hungry, which doesn't happen very often, I will have a scrambled egg with fresh herbs from my garden cooked in the microwave, but no toast. I always take an egg to work with me in case I get peckish!! I also always have a glass of mineral or soda water or some beverage with my snack which stops me from getting hungry. I have definitely increased my fluids in the last 6 months. I find the trick is to always have fresh food available at home or at work. I never go to work without food.
  • melclarity
    Options
    Thanks Nadi, I'll give it all ago see if I can start to shift! It is hard right now recovering so can't exercise but I can control what I eat