Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Metastatic breast cancer

Options
13»

Comments

• spandayabe
    spandayabe Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Spring is here and my garden is overflowing with Broccoli,Spinach,Lettuces etc. Now I have to plant for Summer and Autumn. Thank you so much for your encouragement at my decision.in the end it is our decision and everyone has been very supportive except the Drs who even tried blackmail with horror stories of BC death. I am not into taking on fear and am looking forward to living until I am 90+.

Love and Blessings

My favourite Brekkie Recipe at the moment is

Porridge ( I use  Red Quinoa)

This gluten-free recipe can be made a day ahead.

1 cup quinoa? 3 cups water? 2 cups coconut milk?1 banana? 4 tbsp walnuts, toasted( Idon't bother) and roughly chopped? Agave nectar or honey to sweeten, (or a date) to your taste?2 tbsp grated or shredded coconut? 2 tbsp chia seeds? 2 tsp cinnamon

Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain. Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and add quinoa. Cook for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed and grains are fluffy. Cool, add coconut milk and refrigerate overnight. When ready to eat, reheat quinoa and coconut milk in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Add chopped banana and half the walnuts. Add agave nectar or honey and stir. When hot, pour into a serving bowl. Top with remaining walnuts, grated coconut and chia seeds, and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Serves 2 ( I actually found this was enough for 4 servings at least & freezes well)

From About Life.

and a different yummy Hommus

Orange Hommos

“When I first tried this sweeter version of Hommos I was pleasantly surprised by the unique blend of flavours. It’s lovely on
    Brown Rice Crackers or as a base for a sweet pizza.”

2 cups of cooked or sprouted Chick Peas
     1 tsp Celtic Salt
     1 tsp Dulse Flakes (seaweed)
     1 orange – squeezed

2 tbsp Tahini

2 tbsp Flax Oil

2 cloves Garlic
     1” Ginger – peeled
     2 tbsp Maple Syrup
     ½ cup shelled Pistachios

Preparation

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Serve on Brown Rice Seaweed Crackers

this is from Turn over a new leaf,

• spandayabe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Spring is here and my garden is overflowing with Broccoli,Spinach,Lettuces etc. Now I have to plant for Summer and Autumn. Thank you so much for your encouragement at my decision.in the end it is our decision and everyone has been very supportive except the Drs who even tried blackmail with horror stories of BC death. I am not into taking on fear and am looking forward to living until I am 90+.

Love and Blessings

My favourite Brekkie Recipe at the moment is

Porridge ( I use  Red Quinoa)

This gluten-free recipe can be made a day ahead.

1 cup quinoa? 3 cups water? 2 cups coconut milk?1 banana? 4 tbsp walnuts, toasted( Idon't bother) and roughly chopped? Agave nectar or honey to sweeten, (or a date) to your taste?2 tbsp grated or shredded coconut? 2 tbsp chia seeds? 2 tsp cinnamon

Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain. Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and add quinoa. Cook for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed and grains are fluffy. Cool, add coconut milk and refrigerate overnight. When ready to eat, reheat quinoa and coconut milk in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Add chopped banana and half the walnuts. Add agave nectar or honey and stir. When hot, pour into a serving bowl. Top with remaining walnuts, grated coconut and chia seeds, and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Serves 2 ( I actually found this was enough for 4 servings at least & freezes well)

From About Life.

and a different yummy Hommus

Orange Hommos

“When I first tried this sweeter version of Hommos I was pleasantly surprised by the unique blend of flavours. It’s lovely on
    Brown Rice Crackers or as a base for a sweet pizza.”

2 cups of cooked or sprouted Chick Peas
     1 tsp Celtic Salt
     1 tsp Dulse Flakes (seaweed)
     1 orange – squeezed

2 tbsp Tahini

2 tbsp Flax Oil

2 cloves Garlic
     1” Ginger – peeled
     2 tbsp Maple Syrup
     ½ cup shelled Pistachios

Preparation

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Serve on Brown Rice Seaweed Crackers

this is from Turn over a new leaf,

• spandayabe
    edited March 2015
    Options

I watched one of your youtube videos. You look amazingly fit and healthy so I am hoping that this is reflected in your latest Medical reports.

I would love some more Recipes ,as would my Husband. If you have it in a file, I have drop box (an App that lets you share files).

If not I my e-mail is

spanda99@****

Love and Blessings

Sadhana

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

I am always looking for more ideas with food. Would I be able to get a copy of your 'recipes'.

I am currently looking into dehydrating and most foods require ground flaxseeds as a binder. I thought flaxseeds were highly oxidative and couldnt be heated. What do you understand about this?