Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Metastatic breast cancer

Options

Comments

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

Just looking at the Loving Earth website and had a few queries before I make an order.

Plain Gogi Berry museli, did you purchase this from loving earth. I cant find it. Whats in the plain gogi berry museli if not from loving earth?

It sounds like you soak your own nuts. How do you do this? I read on another site to soak for 12 hours then rinse. Do you dry your nuts in dehydrater or oven on lowest temperature?

Almond milk, do you make it or buy it packaged.

• samaulton
    samaulton Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi I have created a blog on youtube where I share some of my information that has helped me to repel cancer and have called it repellingcancer so please have a look and I also share recipes but have only managed two entries so far. I have had to put a disclaimer on my info as I dont want to get into trouble for sharing what has helped me as I am obviously not a trained physician just someone who wants to share some positivity. Thanks, Sam.

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Am really enjoying your blog on Youtube...thank you for sharing with us all! I'm hoping you will talk about supplements some time soon. I'm gradually getting used to the change in diet, but as I have a sweet tooth I'm finding it a real challenge some days! Any suggestions? I'm also having chemo at the moment which can make it a bit difficult in choosing suitable foods...the metallic taste in the mouth and nausea doesn't help! I've decided to try to where possible eat organic foods (including organic yoghurt, cheese, milk) but I don't eat any red meat, processed foods or sugar anymore (although I have fell off the wagon with a sweet now and then due to my sweet tooth). I eat organic free range chicken and free-range eggs. I know deep sea fish is recommended, but not sure what types of fish this includes...? I'm really hoping this change in diet (in conjunction with chemo and Herceptin) will make a difference to my lung mets....I wont know until December. I have lost about 8 kilos already which is great, and could quite easily afford to lose another 8 which would be wonderful!

Thank you for the positive blog on Youtube...keep 'em coming!

Take care, Celeste x

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your post. Yes I do eat organic muesli for breakfast, so will look for goji berries (organic preferably) and raw cacao nibs, which I assume I can get from a health shop? The coconut balls you mentioned sound yum..looking forward to the recipe! Yes I need to get back to my naturopath to discuss supplements...I will mention to her the ones you have suggested. My cancer is progesterone positive, so the cream is no good for me. Have looked at the Budwig Diet..but so far have had no luck finding organic cottage cheese in the supermarkets, but will keep looking. Do you ever do any juicing? What do you consider to be the priorities when first starting out on this alternative approach to healing? I also have lung mets (diagnosed 4th October 2011), and am very curious to know how long it was before yours cleared?

Thanks Sam.

Take care, Celeste xx

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

Just interested in checking how things are progressing? I am waiting for scans in 2 weeks. My insomnia is now gone. Yipee!! It is so good to be able to sleep now. I am having contact with someone else who has lung and bone mets who is interested in lifestyle change.

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry Celeste only just read your message. My suspected lung mets disappeared in 3 months. I had no grains, sugars, meat, dairy, fruit just veges basically for that time! I was very strict but knew there was an end point when I then introduced grains back. I did do Budwig though so got a fix of raspberries I admit. I juice everyday in morning about 1.25 litres. Do qigong most days as meditation as not great at stillness. I also started iscador in that 3 months and was walking atleast 3 times a week briskly for 30 minutes or more. I hope you are well. Will do a new blog next week with a coupla recipes. I started to do 7 day meal plan tours at our organic shop in East Maitland, very enjoyable. Take care, Sam

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne Marie,

Great you can sleep! That is where I am going as life has been too hectic since I started back at school and doing raw food tours at our organic shop. I am really well, cancer is still decreasing and leaving this cancer-unfriendly zone and I am very happy to be getting my life back to some normality without feeling fear or anxiety. Things seem to be going the right way and I hope they are for you and your friend too x

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there,

I use the thermomix for everything. You can chuck away all other appliances except your juicer. It is amazing. I eat mainly raw but cook things like pumpkin soup with skin on in 20 minutes in this appliance and it does all the work. It is the best kitchen investment though expensive. I would recommend it to anyone!

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

No I have a brilliant juicer so not gone there but it does great smoothies eg, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 grapefruit, whole avocado cucumber handful spinach and mint, top with shredded coconut...this one tastes really good! Also I put in veges of choice then lemon juice, tamari or Braggs, olive oil, 1 date if you want sweetener and splash apple cider vinegar...very nice. Get her to do a soup as it is so quick and also a rice dish as it cooks rice really well. The raw cacao balls would be a great way to finish off! They are quick, easy and yum, enjoy!

• missv
    missv Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All, 

Hope your all doing better than i am. :( I started Chemo (AC) in may, and was on 4th cycle, when the doctors reviewed my scan and realised that the treatment was only target one area of my body. I have mets, in breast, bones, and now liver. They swapped my treatment to Chemo - Abraxane. As you could imagine I was dissapointed, sad, lonely and  i still cannot stop think about my options - are they running out? Will this chemo work? Who's to say it will. I have cried for days, and i still cannot get a hold of myself. I have been pretty strong throughtout this journey, and im at the point were i feel i cannot do it alone. I need my bcna support friends. If anyone has anything to share, please reply. Im just confused and sad. 

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi I am also feeling great empathy for you and am sorry you are feeling lonely. Dietary change, drinking atleast 3 litres of pure water, good salts eg. himalayan or celtic, saunas, exercise, meditation or something like yoga....getting rid of stress triggers..these are all so important. I didnt agree to chemo, femara, zoladex or anything medical second time around but I really have made an extremely determined effort to beat this. I am winning through dedication and a new found happiness I have gained and enjoyment of helping others who want to embrace new lifestyle ideas to support their bodies natural healing ability. Do medical if it resonates well and do alternative...do what ever your instincts tell you is right but foremost if you arent a vegan who has a green juice every day, become one with joy. I have never looked or feel better than I do right now and have just today run a raw food class and am still buzzing with excitement. My lung tumours disappeared and my bone tumours look like empty vesicles. Time will tell but I am confident sickness is part of my past. Good luck to you finding the path that suits and always know there is advice here from many that may suit your needs.

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi I am also feeling great empathy for you and am sorry you are feeling lonely. Dietary change, drinking atleast 3 litres of pure water, good salts eg. himalayan or celtic, saunas, exercise, meditation or something like yoga....getting rid of stress triggers..these are all so important. I didnt agree to chemo, femara, zoladex or anything medical second time around but I really have made an extremely determined effort to beat this. I am winning through dedication and a new found happiness I have gained and enjoyment of helping others who want to embrace new lifestyle ideas to support their bodies natural healing ability. Do medical if it resonates well and do alternative...do what ever your instincts tell you is right but foremost if you arent a vegan who has a green juice every day, become one with joy. I have never looked or feel better than I do right now and have just today run a raw food class and am still buzzing with excitement. My lung tumours disappeared and my bone tumours look like empty vesicles. Time will tell but I am confident sickness is part of my past. Good luck to you finding the path that suits and always know there is advice here from many that may suit your needs.

• spandayabe
    spandayabe Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have only recently been diagnosed and have had a lumpectomy with two lymph nodes removed. There was no cancer in nodes and tumour was clear for 18mm.

I have read Jane plants book and although I did not have much dairy. I have completely given dairy away and am becoming Vegan.

I am doing this because I have refused to do the radiotherapy and Tamoxifen. There is a clinical trial where they are studying women who dont have radiotherapy for early cancer but unfortunately I didn't qualify as I did not have an MRI before surgery. However I am hoping to be checked every 3 months by ultra sound and I will definitely take action if more is found (no martyr here)

So I like all your blogs and suggestions. I have just got a new Vegan cookbook from The Millenium Retaurant so am going to check out some gourmet stuff. Shall pass on any recipe successes.

I have also meditated since 1974 ( I am 64) and highly recommend it.

Love and Blessings

Sadhana

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

That sounds wonderful Sadhana. It would be lovely to share some recipes. I plan on becoming 95 per cent raw now the warmth is coming. I feel better already with these gorgeous spring days and am healthier than ever before. Good for you not having the hormone treatment. I refused radio and hormone treatment this time round and am so happy with my decision. Blessings to you,

sam

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

That sounds wonderful Sadhana. It would be lovely to share some recipes. I plan on becoming 95 per cent raw now the warmth is coming. I feel better already with these gorgeous spring days and am healthier than ever before. Good for you not having the hormone treatment. I refused radio and hormone treatment this time round and am so happy with my decision. Blessings to you,

sam