Starting the journey - Waiting

Options
124»

Comments

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi  - My oncologist said about 2-3 weeks, well I went and got my hair cut really short, but one night after a shower (around 2-3 weeks) I noticed all this hair landing in the hand basin as I leaned over and was drying my 'short' hair - so I figured bugger this, I got my husband to shave off the lot and didn't look back from then on!  I think people reckon I have a 'beanie' permanently glued to my noggin! Anyway I spotted these jazzy little scarves in a camping shop of all places, they were really glittery and only $2 each! So I grabbed one of each colour (three of them) and every time I wrap one on my head 'turbin' style (when I go out) I cannot tell you the amount of strangers that have come up to me and complimented me on the 'blingy' scarf - how pretty it looks, Wow I think to myself - $2! Who'd have thought it!  Anyway back to the baldy thing - its been a month since chemo finished and I have a baby fuzz - I find when I am sitting down I am constantly running my hand through it because if feels all warm and fuzzy (awesome) they told me it would come back curly and another colour  - oh gosh, why grey? But can't complain, at least it's growing back!  So don't freak out too much - it's really the least of your worries, hair grows back! I look like such a dork with no eyebrows though (lol!)  Mind you I have had to start using eyebrow pencil before this happened because my eyebrows were going grey - THE upside to all this losing one's hair is that I have saved a fortune on shampoo, hair products, and other crap we tend to smother on our scones!  I felt some hair on my legs the other night and someone said "Bet you hated that!".......I thought about it for abour five seconds and said - ".....................Nar! It is soooooooooooooooo good to finally feel hair on my body again".  

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi  - My oncologist said about 2-3 weeks, well I went and got my hair cut really short, but one night after a shower (around 2-3 weeks) I noticed all this hair landing in the hand basin as I leaned over and was drying my 'short' hair - so I figured bugger this, I got my husband to shave off the lot and didn't look back from then on!  I think people reckon I have a 'beanie' permanently glued to my noggin! Anyway I spotted these jazzy little scarves in a camping shop of all places, they were really glittery and only $2 each! So I grabbed one of each colour (three of them) and every time I wrap one on my head 'turbin' style (when I go out) I cannot tell you the amount of strangers that have come up to me and complimented me on the 'blingy' scarf - how pretty it looks, Wow I think to myself - $2! Who'd have thought it!  Anyway back to the baldy thing - its been a month since chemo finished and I have a baby fuzz - I find when I am sitting down I am constantly running my hand through it because if feels all warm and fuzzy (awesome) they told me it would come back curly and another colour  - oh gosh, why grey? But can't complain, at least it's growing back!  So don't freak out too much - it's really the least of your worries, hair grows back! I look like such a dork with no eyebrows though (lol!)  Mind you I have had to start using eyebrow pencil before this happened because my eyebrows were going grey - THE upside to all this losing one's hair is that I have saved a fortune on shampoo, hair products, and other crap we tend to smother on our scones!  I felt some hair on my legs the other night and someone said "Bet you hated that!".......I thought about it for abour five seconds and said - ".....................Nar! It is soooooooooooooooo good to finally feel hair on my body again".  

• Peggy
    Peggy Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Louse - Sad to hear about you headache and the pain while having your chemo.  HOpe you are feeling as well as can be by now?  Yes the hair, mine started coming out on the 14th day after chemo...so I just started pulling it out and got my son to shave it off that evening.  Got a "fringe" from Curly Sue in Perth - check out their website, ( Sue is really nice and helpful)  as I have always had a fringe and used to wear this under my caps and turbans!!  My hair has grown back now and ever so curly - hope it stays that way!!!  Take special care and sending you rainbows of love and hugs...Have a lovely weekend .

• tabbycat
    tabbycat Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dette

Really had a good chuckle at your hair "tales" and thanks for your reply. I am still only 10 days since first chemo so I have another week or so to go if I travel along similar paths to yours. I've Had my hair cut short (ears cold now) always complaining....

I am also amazed at how I am handling all this "stuff" was getting on top of things last week when for some weird reason the body decided to faint while I was in the shower. Awoke (seconds later I am sure) freezing my knees off on the floor, wet and miserable. I have sprained my ankle so now that I feel well enough to do stuff am limited in that I can't walk far...aaaarrrrrhhhhhhh....... gotta smile...seems my blood pressure has dropped which is why the blackout. gee what next!

How was hubby's reaction when he got home from the footy to find he was now married to yul brynner??? Bigges hugs xlouisex

• tabbycat
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dette

Really had a good chuckle at your hair "tales" and thanks for your reply. I am still only 10 days since first chemo so I have another week or so to go if I travel along similar paths to yours. I've Had my hair cut short (ears cold now) always complaining....

I am also amazed at how I am handling all this "stuff" was getting on top of things last week when for some weird reason the body decided to faint while I was in the shower. Awoke (seconds later I am sure) freezing my knees off on the floor, wet and miserable. I have sprained my ankle so now that I feel well enough to do stuff am limited in that I can't walk far...aaaarrrrrhhhhhhh....... gotta smile...seems my blood pressure has dropped which is why the blackout. gee what next!

How was hubby's reaction when he got home from the footy to find he was now married to yul brynner??? Bigges hugs xlouisex

• tabbycat
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dette