Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Catheriner1633
    Catheriner1633 Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi Marina, what a champion you are. just reading your story I can tell you're a very grounded, strong person. You'll be such a great mum with all your life experience.

I'm sorry for you that you had to have all this to deal with just when you had your first child. That's huge in itself let alone having to deal with cancer. I had a child with Cystic Fibrosis and it devastated me for the first 12 months of my child's life and then had to choose whether I would do it again with a one in four chance of another child with CF. It's different to your situation but similar in that another pregnancy takes a lot of consideration. I was really jealous of others who were footloose and fancy free with everything.

I have a friend who had her ovaries out at 40 yrs old.  She's done really well. Just hot flushes bother her. there's lots you can do to help with bone density. I used to do zoledronic acid infusions for people with severe osteoporosis. they work really well.

All the best. Glad you're on this site. i'm finding it a great source of comfort and support.

Cheers, Catherine xo

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2016
    Options

Fear of recurrence is very common, Kath. At BCNA, we're currently working on developing some more resources on this topic.

• P2T
    P2T Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hey Ang. 

Im so sad to hear ur news....when we go through all we do, surgery, chemo, radium, we believe that's the end of it. I just finished chemo & the thought of it coming back is so scary. 

I send u all the light & power of the universe. 

Penny

• Dal
    Dal Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm really struggling with navigating this site. I have joined, completed a profile and posted it. Don't know what I've done incorrectly but would love to be part of the community, not just read other people's posts and comments. I've had my double mastectomy, a very impressive 140 mm cancer!!! And am about to start chemo.

help please.

Dal

• Lindyloo
    Lindyloo Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm 55 and was diagnosed May last year of stage 3 ER + breast cancer, 9cm , so a big one! Had chemo, surgery then 25 rounds of radiation. Jus before I was to start radiation I turned over in bed and fractured a vertebrae and rib so it wasn't easy to get on the radiation table everyday for five weeks. I now have osteoporosis as a result of the chemo which also gave me lung and heart problems. Fractures are healing, I go out walking everyday, lung and heart problems with medication, were sorted and I always try to be positive. Hoping to go back to work within the next few weeks.

so, while I've been off I've started painting again, which is great relaxation.

I live in WA. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters , one soon to be 21, the other living in Sydney aged 23. 

Life is good ??

• Pinkkittykat
    Pinkkittykat Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette

I was diagnosed on 7 April with a invasive grade 3 triple receptor factor cancer, the tumour was removed on 21 April, the good aspect was it wasn't in my nymph nodes, was told today that I will have to start chemo followed by radiation. Each step has bought me anxiety, anger, frustration and disbelief. I often ask what have I done to trigger this? What did I do wrong? Did I go over board with jogging? The whole exercise regime? 11 months prior a mammogram ultrasound, 4 months after that a follow up with the GP for another breast check and I was given the all clear, fast forward to 2 April 2016 on my 51st birthday - surprise you have a lump - a 1.5cm which turns out to actually 3cm lump. Of course I will face this next challenge but I won't lie I'm scared, it's going to be tough, I've got a wonderful supportive husband, two grown up children and a fantastic mother.  My two beautiful border collies who I will have to make sure we keep up our walks and will keep me sane. Sophie

• Lindyloo
    Lindyloo Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2016
    Options

Dal, you have joined a great site. There is lots of support on here from people who know what you are going through. Some may have had the same chemo but we all seem to get different side effects. I myself, had 4 rounds of TAC chemo and two of AC. I too had a large tumour which was 9 cm. Took up my whole breast practically. The first lot of chemo shattered the tumour into pieces which made it easier for the surgeon to remove. Unfortunately for me I developed lung problems from the TAC and that is why it was changed to AC. I managed to get through it all by taking one day at a time. I set myself goals. Firstly to get through chemo, secondly to get over my mastectomy and thirdly, radiation. I did it and so will you. Any queries you may have, however small you think they may be, ask on here. Someone will give you a guiding hand. I wish you well in your treatment.

big hugs to you,

Linda xx

• Pinkkittykat
    Pinkkittykat Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi Linda 

Thank you for your inspirational message it was so needed?? You sound like one strong incredible women! I had my first big cry since this all started on 2 April, I guess my brain is trying to processing everything at the moment, I'll keep using this site for motivation and guidance. 

take care & much love Sophie x

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette, I too needed chemo for a 1.9 mm grade 3 ES+ her2+ breast cancer...clear nodes. I am on AC 4 rounds then taxol 12 weeks and herceptin 12 months plus a hormone blocker.  I too was dissapointed I needed chemo but was told due to being young ish (51) and grade and type I should have the chemo. I didn't  need radiotherapy as I opted on a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction and had clear margins. Doing really well on tbe chemo....just very very tired and tweaking meds has sorted most other side effects. It's  okay to feel all range of emotions...I cry a lot, especially when stressed. But I will get through this and plan to live a long full life.

• Cosette
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Dal. Welcome to the online network. We know it's not the easiest space to navigate (we're working on it).

If you want to post a question for the general community, click on the pink Post button and select My blog. The post will appear in the general feed on the front page of the online network.

You can also join a group. We have more than 80 topic-based groups including breast reconstruction, living with secondary breast cancer, male breast cancer, partner support, and more. Some of these are public and some of them are private.

If you need help finding your way around the community, check out our Help & FAQ page or join our Getting Started group.

Join a group. We have more than 80 topic-based groups including breast reconstruction, living with secondary breast cancer, male breast cancer, partner support, and more. - See more at: https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/members/Cosette_BCNA/blog/welcome-to-the-bcna-online-network#sthash.0YuMIixS.dpuf

Join a group. We have more than 80 topic-based groups including breast reconstruction, living with secondary breast cancer, male breast cancer, partner support, and more. - See more at: https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/members/Cosette_BCNA/blog/welcome-to-the-bcna-online-network#sthash.0YuMIixS.dpuf
  • Cosette
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Lindyloo. You're a painter. Have you joined the Creative Corner group? You could share your work :-)

• Cosette
    edited May 2016
    Options

You didn't do anything wrong, Sophie. Cancer is pretty indiscriminate and it's okay to feel scared. It sounds like you have a great support system. Be sure to share pictures of your dogs at some point. I'd love to see them :-)

• Cosette
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi PrimeK. It's okay to cry. It's not an easy thing and it changes your life, but you're right, you will get through this. And we're here to help and support you :-)

What else do you do? Do you have any pets or hobbies?

• Tanba
    Tanba Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2016
    Options

Im new here,  just joined today. Im a wife of 23 years & a mum of 1 son who is 12. My journey started 8th April 2016. I thought I was getting the flu, I went to the doctor's, he sent me for an ultrasound as my left arm pit blew up.  Ive been poked, prodded & biopsied. On the 25th I was told I have inflammatory triple negative breast cancer stage 2. Today Ive had to have a heart echo in prep for my chemo treatment. I will be having AC treatment to start.  Im due to see the Ray Dr tomorrow. I would like to speak & see how other woman with the same cancer went with their own journeys.

• P2T
    P2T Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2016
    Options

Namaste everyone.

November I found a lump, 6.5cm tumour DCIS. A third of the breast was spotted in calcification. The pathology came back invasive ductal & lobular carcinoma, 10mm, grade 2. 

I've just finished chemo, still to complete my reconstruction...but almost there. I really needed to reach out to those who know what I am going through, who I can be honest with how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking so as not to scare or make things harder for my family and friends. 

I love yoga, drawing, walking, trees, nature, animals, travel, writing, my friends and family and laughing and being caught up in this wonderful world.