Lupus, CPTSD, Breast Cancer... Oh My!

Options

Comments

• humblevoice
    humblevoice Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi yvette thank you for the link, it was an interesting read but i read that only about 2 - 3% of patients can be actually eligible for it... i will ask my doctor about it as i have no idea how to be in touch with the institution... thank you for advice about a treatment plan. i still dont have one but hopefully soon... xoxoxoxo

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi brenda yes i hope i can get onto a new drug that may have less side effects as i have a very sensitive system... xoxoxoxoxo

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi everyone just a quick update, i had a MUGA test to see if my heart is ok for chemo on monday and i had my liver biopsy yesterday... it was horrible and i nearly fainted when it was time to go home as my blood pressure dropped to about 90/60 or something... the sedation didnt wear off i think and i didnt really eat or drink enough... and the proceedure was so scary adn even though i didnt feel pain from having a local, i nearly threw up and cried when they pierced my liver... but i didnt... i got a surprise letter to say i have to go see the doctor today about something... they said there is a slight chance the results may be ready today... i'm so so tired and i am so confused and scared... but the fight hasnt even begun... this is the easier parts.... 

• JackieG
    JackieG Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2016
    Options

I can well understand your feelings of fear and confusion.  Try and be kind to yourself, I found the waiting was much harder and scarier than any of the treatment thus far.  At least once you have all your results you know exactly what you're dealing with and your medical team can go full steam ahead with their action plan. Basically, don't fool yourself, the waiting is not at all easy, it is very very frightening and I wish you all the very best on your road toward good health.

Take Care Humblevoice

Jackie xo

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016
    Options

Any procedure is a big thing, don't beat yourself up about it. You got through it and that's the main thing. On to the next step of seeing the dr again. Take it each little step at a time. Thinking of you today. <3

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi yvette, just found out that immunothearpy excludes people with lupus... http://www.cancerresearch.org/cancer-immunotherapy/about-clinical-trials/should-you-participate

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi jackie, yes waiting is horrible... but i think this last 2 weeks i feel so worn out that i was happy i didnt get the results yesterday... especially when i was still recovering from the liver biopsy... thank you for your well wishes, sending you a big hug thanks for dropping by xo

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi brenda, yeah i am going to have to try to get used to another way of life now i think... one day at a time... hugs xoxo

• Kaossquid
    Kaossquid Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2016
    Options

Chemo went well, honestly at the start of the journey I thought the chemo would be the worst part of all of this, and its certainly not nice, but if I really look back at my last 6 months I think the whole up front process (or nightmare) that you're currently in was the worst part of it for me, the waiting, the not knowing, the bad surprises... and I may yet get more along the way, but the chemo at least makes me feel like I'm kicking butt a little bit each time.  Hope you're holding strong, 

Hugs

Leonie

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

hi leonie, thank you for saying this... you give me alot of hope. i am going to kick some ass too.... i'm glad your chemo went alright. i pray and hope for healing and love for you <3

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

just wanted to say a bit big thank you for everyone who commented... you dont even know me yet you held me in your thoughts and prayers.... thank you for being my bc sisters. i got news on wed that the tumors in my liver are benign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now i get lumpectamy surgery with removal of the main lymph node, then 6months of chemo then radiotherapy. and go from there... i am feeling a little too lucky for this to be real... so its still a bit surreal that i am going to get the best fighting chance i can get....

<3

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2016
    Options

That is the best news you could get!  Now it can be on-with-treatment and knock this bc on the head!  I am so happy for you.  All the best with your surgery and chemo and rads - it is a long trip but there is a finish line - remember, one day at a time and you will get through this.  Big hug. Michelle x

• humblevoice
    edited March 2016
    Options

It was it really was michelle!! And yes i willllll suuurrrrviiiiiive this!!!! ?????????????????

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2016
    Options

Oh that's fantastic news! The chemo will also flatten the benign ones on the liver. Double whammy and all gone!

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2016
    Options

Great news one day at a time