New website is terrible

Options
13»

Comments

• SamzRusty
    SamzRusty Member Posts: 325
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'll tell you what I find disappointing....the terrible nature of some these comments. You all understand what this site is about & why it was started right?

Lets put our empathy boots on....

Do you think BCNA have gone out of their way to stress us out? To make things hard? To make us search a little harder? Do you all think you would like to cop this abuse while trying to make a great resource more streamline? I doubt it.

Sam

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2015
    Options

What saddens me is that it appears that this has now become some sort of taking sides exercise. We all (well most of us) try to give support on here in any way we can. Some do it through private groups with specific focuses and that's great but those with a more general outlook deserve support too. For some reason those in the general area feel we have been left out of the loop. I will say it again. The problem is that people feel abandoned because of a lack of communication. We have been struggling along trying to remain positive but it is just too hard to keep doing this by yourself.

I have tried so hard to keep trying to stay on-line because I (like a lot of people on here) thought the network offered so much to so many. But this is it I cannot take the ganging up behavior of one group against others. I will find other ways to feel positive and help others. This just makes me so sad. This network is supposed to be for anyone diagnosed with BC to receive support and understanding.  

Deanne 

• emily
    emily Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Options

You would not find a more empathetic group than the women on this website. Personally, I have had so much support & empathy given to me during the stressful time  of a second diagnosis. Now, it is almost impossible for me to read posts let alone send emails from my IPad. It is possible to be both empathetic and frustrated at the same time. Everyone has the right to have their frustrations heard and responded to. It is the newly diagnosed who I feel most for, particularly those who may not be all that computer savvy.

Emily

• Silks
    Silks Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Paula

Thanks for the info on travel insurance. I followed your instructions and got there

My nurse (the wonderful one) printed out a fact sheet for me and had it waiting for me at radiotherapy desk today.

Let's hope the site improves soon.

Take good care

Silks

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited May 2015
    Options

Glad to be of help :)

i hope the radiotherapy going ok. 

Paula x

• Loucobamd
    Loucobamd Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi ladies

Interesting to read all the comments about the new website. I only use my iPad to access the site I have not used it on my computer. I only joined the site late last year and had just got used to navigating my way around before it changed. I work in IT and fully understand everyone's frustration to changes but from the technical side it is also a massive job to make sure all the data is transferred over and in the correct places, that being said I think communication or lack of has been the worst problem. I personally don't like the groups and members list on the right hand side of the page taking up space. ( could be just a link) I like the My Feeds section so I can monitor what's going on in groups I'm a member of but I would prefer more posts to a page this is where it becomes clunky. I'm not sure about the "live feeds" people are talking about, I can't really remember using that as I wasn't on the old site for long. Is that something to do with people posting who are not in any particular group?? The whole site has too much white space, it might look pretty but it's not really practical when your wanting to have a quick look to see what's happening. The messages side of things is very clunky too. I would like to see many more messages to a screen so I can browse quickly. I have not been able to find a way to delete messages after I have read them anyone know how? Maybe they could come up with a user guide?? Or at least a hints and tips page??

I have joined the breast reconstruction Facebook page and there is quite a lot of activity going on there and virtually nothing on here. I would love to do a photo story of my journey but I have no confidence in Facebook being as secure as posting on this website.

It makes me sad that this invaluable service may be under utilized because of lack of communication and support. I personally received fantastic support from the ladies on here at a very difficult time in my life.

Louise

This discussion has been closed.