New website is terrible

Options

Comments

• Silks
    Silks Member Posts: 79
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

I once again tried to navigate my way around the new site today looking for information on travel insurance. Good grief. I would have pulled out my hair, except I don't have any at the moment. The site has so many flaws. Rub it out start again

I ended up pleading with my wonderful breastcare nurse to print out the information for me.

Please spare a thought for the newly diagnosed who may needing to reach out for support.

BCNA please act.

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited April 2015
    Options

Well look at this! More comments than there have ever been since the blog changed!!! WHY can't we have a simple answer on why the blog can't be changed back,or WHY it is taking so long?I am quite sure that I am very annoying at the moment,when I complain like this,but if we DONT speak up,and speak up in numbers,NOT MUCH will EVER be done,I am sure.If you are logging in and reading the comments on this post,please put your support behind it,because it will disappear onto the next page soon,and no one will see it!!!!!!!!Robyn

• Loubegg
    Loubegg Member Posts: 73
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yes I agree too!  I hardly come on here now as I can't find the info I need ..  Please listen and fix BCNA as its too valuable a site to too many of us. 

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Summer, just wondering what isn't working using explorer...I am using it now and it looks like its all fixed. It all looks normal.

And sorry to be a dunce, but what do you mean 'live feeds'? Louie

• LouiseTurner
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Sue, what is it you are looking for and i might be able to point you in the right direction. I don't love the look of the site, but have managed to find info I need. The search wasn't working at first, but it seems to be working now. Happy to help if i can. There were some screen shots around, lets see if we can dig them out. XXXLouie

• Robyn W
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Louise.Live feeds were the posts that used to run across the bottom of the page and show the posts that were receiving comments.It meant that you could see when an older post was still getting commented on.Now you have to scroll through pages of comments to try and find posts.Robyn xxx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi Silks, I am getting a bit better at navigating. I did a search for insurance for you. I will tell you what I did but also give you the link. I clicked on the blue online network tab at the top left of the screen. Once the page loads you will then see online network. A little further down you will see three tabs. From all, all topics and one called search. 

I popped in the word insurance and it loaded lots of posts on insurance. I hope this helps. In case you get lost here is the link. 

Paula xxxx

https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/posts?from=&topics=&query=Insurance

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited April 2015
    Options

Should of said I popped the word insurance in the search tab. 

P x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ditto from me too. I still can't create a post.I click on the large pink post sign at the top right and it just takes me back to the latest posts.So I'll just keep making comments until I figure it out.I've noticed that the digital agency responsible for this new site is called 'Deepend' which is what they have thrown us into! I feel sorry for Daina cos it's probably come from the powers above to change this site and,no doubt,cost a lot of money to do so.I just hope that all our comments will be shown to the bright spark that thought it would be a good idea to 'reinvent the wheel'! And if they haven't been then please, someone,direct this post to the CEO perhaps?Hang in there ladies- at least we can sort of communicate with each other and BCNA is still a wonderful support in so many ways. Tonya xx

• mona63
    mona63 Member Posts: 237
    edited April 2015
    Options

My opinion only but it feels like online forum has taken a backseat to revenue raising. 

• LouiseTurner
    edited April 2015
    Options

Gotcha, i never used those but do remember them now. Have you seen the 'my feed' area? Does this do something sort of similar in that it stores the things you're involved in? I know some ladies that just use that.

• nicole h
    nicole h Member Posts: 120
    edited April 2015
    Options

I can't even reply to my own messages. I'm over it.  I have no other support and this site and these women were really helping.  Damn you bcna for ruining that.  And for what??? Who asked you to change it. Just ditch the new site and sack the it people. I'm still waiting for jess to get back to me as she promised.  SO DISAPPOINTING, FRUSTRATING AND SUPER UPSETTING. Why do you not get this Daina & co.????????

• Robyn W
    edited April 2015
    Options

This is how I feel Mona.We might not make any money,but it is because of ladies like us that BCNA exists!!!

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited April 2015
    Options

My feed only stores posts from groups or members you are connected with. At the moment there is no easy way to check comments on a post you are involved with if it is not from a group or member you are connected with. As a regular supporter of anyone who I think I can help this is a problem.

Deanne xxx

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited April 2015
    Options

I was happy to read Daina's post in the other thread that the live feed function is a priority & hopefully it will be reinstated this week. I think having this function working will help to cement those easy connections we had previously as I know it was the first thing I used to look at! Cheers, Jane

This discussion has been closed.