Oncology in the bush.

Options
2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @jan61. You poor thing! What a dreadful day. None of that is 'right'. I am not a medical person but I know DVT is not to be taken lightly. Is there someone you can call today to ask about it?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @jan61
    Discuss with the Oncology unit and ask what is the plan when things go awry. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from now on but you need reassurance 
    Take care
  • jan61
    jan61 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Just put a call into the BC nurse who called me tricky. She will call back this arvo after checking a few things out. I have ceased the aspirin. 

And picked up up two tablets from the chemist as that’s all they had. I will get the rest tomorrow.

people keep saying "..... oh you poor thing....”  and giggling. FMD 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @jan61 How effing insensitive!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @jan61
    I had a BC nurse tell me that my treatment is "compromised" because I live remote!

Very reassurring. 

I still, after 18 months, don't know how to put that comment into the context of my ongoing treatment and followup care.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Oh shitbags Jan! It can be very difficult to be in a hospital setting with no 'owner' Who's patient is this? Ummm. The bloke we can't contact? It can be both frustrating and dangerous and going home with a clot in your neck (with or without drugs) surely doesn't fit into the best practice basket. Fingers crossed for you, no one needs this stuff. Mxx
  • jan61
    jan61 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Nothing much is running smoothly. From the very start things got mucked up. @Annie C I do believe she may be correct. The system is compromised by a myriad of things made worse by distance.

The BC nurse got back to me for which I am grateful. The meds are sorted. I just need to stay alive until the second cycle 😅😂🤣👍
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @jan61 If just having the treatment isn't enough - then this sort of shit comes to mess with your head.  Fingers crossed that things go smoothly today.