Effects of tamoxifen on menstruation

Options
hezz73
hezz73 Member Posts: 3

Hello lovelies,

I've been on tamoxifen for two years now and end of last year I was asked to take my mirena out by oncologist which got me back to menstruating. For the past 10 months since the mirena was out I've had normal cycle on an average of 28-30 days. However, on my last menstruation I have not had my period for the last 42 days. Have anyone experience similar to this? I'm wondering if this a normal progressive stage towards early menopause?

Would love to hear your stories :)

Hez.xx 

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    My periods returned to normal about two years into Tamoxifen. No one seemed concerned but my oncologist was not the most helpful person so I often wonder if more attention should have been paid to that. Is anyone monitoring your hormone levels? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi @hezz73 you could see your GP or your gynaecologist if you are concerned and get a blood test to see if you are peri menopausal. I wasn’t, but it was good to know this. They can also do some examinations or scans if needed. 

I had a Mirena for a year and then had irregular bleeding after it was removed. I have endometrial hyperplasia which can turn into uterine cancer if left unchecked. It’s good to monitor this as Tamoxifen can contribute to gynaecological problems. 
  • hezz73
    hezz73 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks Rose18, I'm seeing my GP next week so will definitely discuss that possibility. Hope you are doing well in your current journey 😘