Back in the Dragon boat

Options
Viv_C
Viv_C Member Posts: 92
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Today I was back on the water on a beautiful spring Melbourne day with my fabulous dragon boat team.

This time last year I was waiting anxiously for a surgical biopsy to find out if my breast cancer had come back after eleven and a half years. It had.

Since then I have had 5 operations including a left mastectomy, TRAM flap reconstruction, and right breast reduction. I worked full time though four months of chemo. Now my hair is growing out looking quite smart (see my new profile photo), I am feeling healthy. My cancer has gone, hopefully this time for good. I have a flat tummy and two shapely, perky breasts, giving me a better figure than I have had since my teens. Life is good!

Best wishes to everyone who is just starting their journeys and those still struggling through treatment. There is light at the end of the tunnel and life can be great again.

Viv

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great post, Viv.  We all need to hear stories like yours and Paula's for our motivation recharge!  Inspiration never goes astray.  Thanks for posting - great way to start the day!  Michelle xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Viv,

As Michelle said it's great to hear how everyone is going and it sounds like you are doing really well and very positive :-)

Thanks for sharing.

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Viv,

As Michelle said it's great to hear how everyone is going and it sounds like you are doing really well and very positive :-)

Thanks for sharing.

• Amanda61
    Amanda61 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Viv

That's great! I am glad you are well again. Hope you had fun.

I am hoping to join in soon but suffering from major tiredness at the moment (3 months post surgery) and also job hunting which is preoccuppying much of my brain space at the moment. 

Hopefully I will see you in the boat one day soon.

Cheers Amanda

• Amanda61
    Amanda61 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Viv

That's great! I am glad you are well again. Hope you had fun.

I am hoping to join in soon but suffering from major tiredness at the moment (3 months post surgery) and also job hunting which is preoccuppying much of my brain space at the moment. 

Hopefully I will see you in the boat one day soon.

Cheers Amanda