Impact on our families

Options
2»

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you've been unwell. This has been a crap year for so many people I know.I hope your scan shows nothing.I had an abdo ultrasound recently and it showed I had a fatty liver(from Tamoxifen).As my dear mum died recently from liver cancer,I'm abit worried. So no, don't think we ever stop worrying about the big"C". Sending love n hugs.Tonya xx
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey luvly Tonya

Nice to hear from you hun.  Yeah been another crap year but I guess we are still here and kicking hard so that is the main thing. 

I went through a whole pile of tests due to my liver but mine was liver function.  I was drinking moderately but chemo onc (my luvly sweet man who is always sooooo very pleasant NOT) asked me did I drink alcohol and I said yes that I was normal like most people and he just went WELL DONT!!!! so there went one of my last pleasures in life out the window and it did make a difference on my next test so guess what no drinking for this lil black duck MOST OF THE TIME hee hee.  So that is a bit crap in itself but we have to do what we have to do to stay healthy and if that means no alcohol then so be it I guess.

Wow these wonderful drugs we take to stop us from dying from BC may end up killing us in other ways as you say.  Who knows what is the right thing to do. Not me that is for sure.  I know the pharmaceutical industry certainly makes millions out of us poor women and all our drugs to supposedly keep us alive. A tough one.

I hope you are doing reasonably okay otherwise luvly Tonya.

Luv always, Mich xoxoxoox

• SusanF
    SusanF Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hope you all pull through this, sounds like you will. My son did not want to be part of my breast cancer and my own beautiful daughter bore the brunt of it until she had to go back to work in Melbourne then my husband took over. Add to the fact they must feel this horror will happen to them too it's sometimes just too much for them. I'm worried about my daughter seeing me go thru reconstruction off for more surgery and I think she gets frightened. When I went to Melbourne to see surgeons, she only wanted to sleep in bed with me every night..she 27 and I think I'm scaring her. My husband should seek help but won't, cancer is like a house of cards, mothers and wives are the foundation, when we crack it all comes tumbling down and sometimes I can't breath for the worry of it all.

I hope you and your family can move on and share any tips you have with me but don't forget you need to be cared for too xx