Jacqui

Options
13»

Comments

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2015
    Options

A book mark was given to me this arvo I would like to share it with you all.

Every goal that has ever been reached began with just one step- and the belief that it could be attained.

When the road becomes hard to travel and it feels as if you'll never reach the end....look deep inside your heart and you will find strength you never knew you had.

Believe in yourself - and remember that dreams really can come true.

Jason Blume

I am touched that a friend thought enough to buy this bookmark for me and will try to believe that I have the power to believe in myself.

Looking forward to keeping in touch and see how we all feel this time next year.

So happy to have so many new friends . Goodnight talk to you all again soon,

Jacqui

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui

I have been offline a couple of days (visiting my family in Melb), so I guess by now you will have had your op.  I hope it all went well for you and you can finally get some answers.  You will still have emotional ups and downs, but that is to be expected, we are all put the wringer, so to speak.  Things will improve, but it just takes time.  I have everything crossed for you!!!

Di  :)

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, yes, yes!  you are a strong person and you can beat this!  Believe in yourself - it's not an impossible dream :) I am a great believer in the power of the mind, particularly in healing and keeping you healthy.

What a fantastic bookmark and obviously a wonderful friend.

Take care,

Louise x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well I'm glad surgery is behind you now Jacqui.You've had more than your fair share of surgery so no wonder you are abit teary.It is very mutilating surgery and takes awhile to adjust to not seeing your boob there anymore.I wore very loose shirts with a sleeveless  jacket/ waistcoat overthem or draped a scarf over the boob area.Hopefully your breast care nurse gave you a soft padded breast form and a post surgery Berlei bra(it's great,comfortable and free)-look into it if you haven't yet.The drain will be a pain but you'll go forward once it's out.The lymph nodes may have been  looked at briefly but usually it takes about a week to get the thorough report back.I have my fingers crossed for you that they are all clear .If they are then you might get to avoid chemo.Pop those happy pills and just rest,rest,rest. Gently does it with the arm exercises,takes awhile to get full range back. Your emotions will probably be all over the shop so let em flow!!Am here if you need an empathetic ear.

Tonya xx

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui

glad to hear that the op went well.  You have been on 'one hell of a ride' over the last couple of weeks, so of course your emotions will be running wild.  This is totally normal and to be expected.  I know we women are tough, but we are allowed to have a 'meltdown or two' occassionally.

Your body and your mind have been trhough a very tough time and it will take quite awhile to adjust to everything.  Just listen to your body, it will tell you what you need to do.  This may sound strange now, but it will all make sense soon.

I personally dont like wearing a bra anymore (fortunately my 1 remaining boob isnt too large), so I wear loose tops and jumpers when at home.  I do wear a bra if I go out, but I find it so uncomfortable now - it seems to dig in under my arm where my scars are and also annoys my back.

I hope the docs have some good news for you.  Take care

• gwenivy
    gwenivy Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good evening to everyone,

Just a quick note to say hi, and also let you know the good news I received today.  My surgeon, who did the most fantastic job on me Dr. A.J. Collins of Bega, said my nodes were clear and that all was healing well and all that I would need is radiation and because the her2 was positive tablets after that.

At this stage no chemo and no more operations.  As I have said many times I am truly blessed.  I also pat  myself on the back for taking action sooner rather than later when I found the lump in my breast. Because this is why things are going so well. 

FIND IT EARLY, TREAT IT EARLY,  LIFE SHINES ON YOU LOVELY GIRLIE

I took the skin type badage  off last night and was so surprised at how it looks, as though someone has drawn a small thin red line below my breast, up the middle and around the nipple, - he had to relocate the nipple,  what a GREAT JOB HE HAS DONE.

I told him today he should do plastic surgery and be a Mr. not Doctor.  I am so pleased with how things are going.  I wish you could see what it looks like, I show everyone because it is so clean and tidy.  

Darling is so relieved I think he can sleep at night now.  I bought a huge chocolate cake with double cream and a box of chocolates (of which I ate half on the way home) then had my chocy cake with lots of cream and a cup of tea.  Then unfortunately over did it so much I felt ill and had to have a nap.

But woke up and said yeah for me I think i will have more cake and tea.

Enough waffling about me I hope you are all well at the moment and say to you thanks for being there to listen to me.

lotsa luv

julianne

xxxooo

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julianne

I am so glad that everything is going well and you got some good news.  Hope you enjoyed your cake - you deserve it!

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Have a good night out Jacqui -good to get your mind off medical matters.

Tonya xx

• Wendy Stip
    Wendy Stip Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

You've had it so tough & I'm really feeling for you. Not everyone has it so tough with the chemo as I've just had my 4th round & am feeling great today. I do have my lack of energy days & have had some side affects, but nothing too major. I've also managed to keep my hair, only 30%, but enough to get by with. They put the ice pack on my head during every chemo treatment & it has worked for me. So there are some of us who do it a little easier. Don't worry about the big picture, just take it one day at a time. Be easy on yourself.

Wendy xoxo