Jacqui

Options

Comments

• gwenivy
    gwenivy Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui,

I am not sure when results come in, my breast care nurse is coming on Wednesday and I think she will have lots of information for me then.  I have to go and see my surgeon next week as well. But did cook a nice meal for darling and me last night.  We had chicken kiev with baked vegies and brocilini with honey and balsamic vinegar.  Yum.  Tonight is a simple meal of pie with mash and vegies.  Darling doesn't want me to overdue it.

He is outside building the new pergola.  He is my hero.

Anyway luv will let you know how things go as I hear more.

by for now

julianne

xxoo

• gwenivy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Di,

yes I do treasure him, he is outside working on the pergola now.  Keeps popping in to see if I need anything and make sure I am not over doing it.  He is a real country man, he believes men should work and women stay home to take care of the home and family and be happy.  You would be lucky to find another like my darling.

Oh and too boot his is good looking I was sure smiled upon when we met.

Anyway last night I cooked tea and felt good, but darling wont let me cook tonight, so we are just having basic pie with mash and vegies.  But I love that type of food, simple just like me.

My breast is starting to tingle a little but apart from that all is great.  I really dont even feel as though I have just had breast surgery.

Again being smiled upon with a brilliant surgeon and wonderful team.

bye for now

luv

julianne

xxoo

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julianne

glad your feeling well after the surgery - hubby is right though - dont overdue it!

There is an old saying 'a good man is hard to find' - but it sure sounds like you found one.  But then again, I think he found a 'real gem' too!

Take care

Di  :)

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are lucky to have our men look after us I also have a "gem" with all the drama we have been through so far I think he has suffered more that me.

After 3 ops they have still not taken enough tissue so looks like after all that I will be having a mastectomy, will find out more on Wednesday.

Unfortunately we live 150ks from the closest McGrath Nurse and have been travelling 220ks for the operations and dr visits, so have not really had contact  face to face with anyone.

I am going to see the local GP today but as luck would  have it my usual dr is away for 3 wks so it will be a locum but just feel the need to talk to some one face to face, we are also thinking of going to the McGrath nurse 2morrow so I have someone to talk to and maybe get some answers before I see the surgeon on Wed, we just feel so disappointed with this outcome, how can you miss 3 times???????

Will keep you posted.

Jacqui

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui

sorry to hear that things aren't looking to good re: another op!  Hoping that they 'get it right' this time!!!!

I also live a long way from where I have treatments, see doc's, tests, etc - I hate to think how many k's we have clocked up since my diagnosis.  I know it is nice to see 'someone' face to face' but there is always someone just a phone call away if you ever feel the need to talk,  I have rung my Breast Care Nurse when I had questions that couldnt wait until I went into town.

It might be good that you are seeing a Locum - sometimes a fresh point of view can help.

Good luck with everything.

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think I will feel better after meeting the breast care nurse, 3 ops and never had one come and see me??? It will be better talking to some one when you can picture them and have had a bit of a one on one, we are thinking of trying to find a surgeon in the town where the McGrath Nurse is for the next op so I have the support there, depends on if I decide to have reconstruction at the same time if there is a surgeon there able to do it. So many "if's"

You take care,

Jacqui

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

So true, its nice to see who we are talking too.  I hope all your 'if's' get some answers soon.  Take care

• gwenivy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope you are all feeling well today.  Just wanted to touch base with a couple of things.

1.  Darling has finished the pergola it just now needs a womans touch, cant wait to do that.

2.  These last two days I have been feeling only 70% of what I usually feel.  Is this normal 6 days after operation.  I am tyring not to take too many pain killers and wonder is the reason I was so good was the drugs and now that I am trying to cut back I can really feel the effect.  I am telling myself no that I have just had major surgery, its no wonder I dont feel 100% all the time, and has nothing to do with the pain killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But after reading that Di and Jacqui have to travel to get help makes me appreciate what I have even more.  If I was rich, I would give you both a helicopter and pilot to take you anywhere you want.  So now I will not feel so sorry for me and realise how good I have it.

Oh one other thing, has anyone purchased a bracelet  with "Restricted Arm" on it.  They are not cheap and was wondering if you could recomend a cheaper version.

bye for now

lotsa luv

julianne

xxoo

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julianne

Fantastic that hubby has finished the pergola, but I wouldnt be rushing into 'your finishing touches' for awhile - you will find that you cant do what you used to do and you do need to rest.

I would say it is absolutely normal for you to be feeling pain, you have just had a big op.  You really do need to take your pain meds, I was like you in the beginning and thought 'no, I'm not taking them, blah,blah, blah...' but I was told by several professionals that they are not habit forming if you have pain, and you MUST take them as prescribed to block the pain receptors in your brain, instead of waiting until you really need the tablets, then they cant do their job as effectively.  (I just re-read this and I havent explained it as well as it was explained to me, but I hope you get the drift).

Thanks for the offer of the helicopter, I have just the paddock where it could land too, haha.  Jacqui and myself are NO different to you Julianne, so please dont say that you wont be sorry for yourself, and that you have it good.  If any of us 'had it good', we wouldnt have this bloody disease.  You have earnt the right to feel sorry for yourself - you have had devasting news and now surgery - of course you are not going to be upbeat 100% of the time.  You may be surprised to find that you can have quite a few 'down days' in the future, but they will pass with time.  As for distance, its nothing really, we get used to it - but just remember we are all suffering and enduring the same illness and can all face it together.

As for the bracelet, cant help you there.  I thought about getting one, but a couple of nurses just told me to carry the pink hospital bracelet in my purse, (suppose thats OK if I have my purse with me everywhere I go).  I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with that one.

Hope you feel better soon.  Take care

Di  xo  :)

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

You poor darl,shouldn't have to have 3 ops but it happens-even with the best surgeons.My friend had to go back after a mastectomy would you believe cos there wasn't a clear margin on the suture line.And that was with a top Sydney breast surgeon.Find that breast care nurse and don't let her go because they are a fantastic support. I feel so sorry for you ladies who are out whoop whoop and have to make such long journeys.You are all most welcome to have my spare bed here in Sydney.

Tonya

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well it is back in for operation 4...Mastectomy with axillary dissection, apparently not all the cancer is showing up on the films so this is the only way to be sure to nip the little b..... in the bud, started out to be about 2cm now 4.75cm later still not certain of a clear margin, there is a slight 0.6mm but not enough to be sure it is all out. I was so angry and blamed the good dr of course but really not his fault and he did offer a second opinion which was not necessary as I have faith in him, have to blame someone.

Go for it on Wednesday, I am an emotional mess at the moment had so many ups and downs over the last two months but at least I can get back on track after this.

Reconstruction not recommended at this stage in case I have to have further treatment that was another disappointment as I thought I could have started.

Well whinge, moan and trantrum over now to get on with it and see what the next step brings.

Cheerio for now,

Jacqui

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well it is back in for operation 4...Mastectomy with axillary dissection, apparently not all the cancer is showing up on the films so this is the only way to be sure to nip the little b..... in the bud, started out to be about 2cm now 4.75cm later still not certain of a clear margin, there is a slight 0.6mm but not enough to be sure it is all out. I was so angry and blamed the good dr of course but really not his fault and he did offer a second opinion which was not necessary as I have faith in him, have to blame someone.

Go for it on Wednesday, I am an emotional mess at the moment had so many ups and downs over the last two months but at least I can get back on track after this.

Reconstruction not recommended at this stage in case I have to have further treatment that was another disappointment as I thought I could have started.

Well whinge, moan and trantrum over now to get on with it and see what the next step brings.

Cheerio for now,

Jacqui

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheerio for now,

Jacqui

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Chin up Jacqui!!  You have really had a very hard time but the end is in sight :)  I'm sure once this op is out of the way, things will start to look better.... Good luck,

Louise x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui,

Wouldn't hindsight be a great thing! 4 operations in a row would send me crazy.I'd be ready to do a runner! On a positive note,this is surely the last surgery and you may not need  radiation.I sometimes wish I'd had a mastectomy 7 years ago and I could have bypassed radiation then not get a recurrence and have chemotherapy.So good luck for the next surgery and fingers crossed it all goes well and you have clear lymph nodes.

Tonya