First blog

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarah31
    Sarah31 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks! I was scared by the her2 diagnosis but feel more positive with the Herceptin treatment. My mum had breast cancer too but not the same as me. A friend is coming with me to the workshop and I'm looking forward to it; day before next treatment. Reckon my neutrophils are pretty pathetic, all gone in one dose! Hopefully this granulocyte injection will help and not give too much bine pain. My friend is keen on sorting me out with a wig...we shall see! X
  • Linda27
    Linda27 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options

My cancer was a lump about the size of a pea that had already spread to 7 of my lymph nodes.  I was hit hard with chemo (4 AC and 12 taxol) and radiotherapy.  I finished my chemo in February and am now having difficulty remembering the side effects which were not pleasant at the time.  I too found the the dexmethasone made me hyperactive.

I attended a looking good feeling better workshop after my first chemo just as my hair was falling out and found it fantastic and lots of fun. Not so much for the makeup tips but the opportunity to speak to women in a similar situation. I did get some good tips on headwear. I bought a wig and I have worn it 3 times. Like Robyn I wore scarves and hats.

I have found that these forums have been a great source of information and support through my journey.

Cheers

Linda

• Linda27
    Linda27 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options

My cancer was a lump about the size of a pea that had already spread to 7 of my lymph nodes.  I was hit hard with chemo (4 AC and 12 taxol) and radiotherapy.  I finished my chemo in February and am now having difficulty remembering the side effects which were not pleasant at the time.  I too found the the dexmethasone made me hyperactive.

I attended a looking good feeling better workshop after my first chemo just as my hair was falling out and found it fantastic and lots of fun. Not so much for the makeup tips but the opportunity to speak to women in a similar situation. I did get some good tips on headwear. I bought a wig and I have worn it 3 times. Like Robyn I wore scarves and hats.

I have found that these forums have been a great source of information and support through my journey.

Cheers

Linda