A new journey

Options
2»

Comments

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I had 2 tumours, one 15mm, one 8mm, Grade 2. I thought I would need a mastectomy but they were both in the same quadrant of one breast. The surgeon said he would treat them as one as they were so close together and as I am large breasted he believed he could perform a lumpectomy without too much trouble. Surgery went well and I can hardly notice where he operated. I also had the wires inserted and had only one lymph node removed which was negative.I assumed I would just have the 6 weeks radiation and be on my way. However, my family history is quite tragic so they recommended chemo. My advice would be to listen to your medical team, weigh up the facts and then make your decision. I was told to make the decision that would leave me the least regrets down the track. I have had the chemo, not a pleasant trip but doable. I am currently through 14/30 radiation treatements. I now know that if something happens in the future, I did everything possible to prevent that. I'm happy with my decision to have a lumpectomy. Everybody is so different, every cancer is so different, try to take it one day at a time, I wish you well with whatever you decide, take care, Hazel xx

• Yamo
    Yamo Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Hazel,
    Thank you for your Message, really appreciate it. Surgery is booked for 2/5. The surgeon said the tumor is tiny so very hard to predict what treatment may be required until after surgery. Hopefully lymph nodes will come back negative. Just have to wait and see I guess.
    So scared and worried but not much can be done except to carry on normal as much as possible.
    Regards xx